Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SYD - BNE Supercharger Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is ever so quiet. If Tesla is to fulfil their promise of completing the BNE - SYD SuperCharger link they have another 106 days before 2017 (and that includes the Christmas break). It is still very possible but it is ever so quiet.

I think it might slip a touch. I had a chat with somebody at St Leonards last week and mentioned that I was planning a SYD-BNE road trip. While we were discussing charging points, he used words to the effect of "it's a pity you're not going at the end of the year". I said "Yeah if I was going in December it would be supercharging all the way". He then appeared to offer a qualifier, responding with "December or maybe January". My *impression* was that he was indicating it might not be fully in place by the end of the year but, IMHO, I can live with January.

He then appeared to offer a qualifier, responding with "December or maybe January". My *impression* was that he was indicating it might not be fully in place by the end of the year but, IMHO, I can live with January.

I would suggest based on history that if someone at Telsa says "December or maybe January", then Feb/March is more realistic. The latest example of that was availability of the 3 Phase HPWC. Senior leadership set the tone, and Elon has always been willing to talk dates that are not fulfilled, and it doesn't bother him that they are not (at least, it doesnt appear to us to bother him).

Time will tell. I'm just glad I kitted myself up with dual chargers and portable 3 phase EVSE. Whilst still nowhere near as fast as a supercharger, it does take the stress out of planning long trips knowing getting a full charge is just a long lunch break rather than a full day stopover.

Deceptive Advertising
Those who bought a Tesla based on info that SCs would be available Melb to Bne by end of 2016 may have cause to be upset. I wont be buying another charger to speed up my travels because Tesla is slack.

That's a fair enough point of view. In my case I didnt get dual chargers etc as a hedge against Tesla non performance, I bought it because I want flexibility to travel to other areas easily for which there are no immediate Supercharger plans. For example, my wife and I are doing a trip around Tasmania early next year.

I'll preface this by saying there is no mention of superchargers or EV chargers at all....

... but Coffs Harbour Council recently approved a $1.3m application for an upgrade including car park reconfiguration of the Park Beach Plaza shopping centre.

Right on the Pacific Highway at the northern end of town. The perfect location.

dgQtfMx.png

V3nxy4j.png

https://datracking.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/ICON/Pages/XC.Track/SearchApplication.aspx?id=201796 (or if the link doesn't work, search for 0088/17DA)

I'll preface this by saying there is no mention of superchargers or EV chargers at all....

... but Coffs Harbour Council recently approved a $1.3m application for an upgrade including car park reconfiguration of the Park Beach Plaza shopping centre.

Right on the Pacific Highway at the northern end of town. The perfect location.

dgQtfMx.png

V3nxy4j.png

https://datracking.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/ICON/Pages/XC.Track/SearchApplication.aspx?id=201796 (or if the link doesn't work, search for 0088/17DA)

This is usually a pretty busy carpark at the best of times, I suspect this is more to do with improving capacity. My money is still on the Highway service centre further south on the highway but still in town.