TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Sydney-Tamworth fast chargers??

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ICUDoc, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

I've seen a good thread for Syd-Brisbane, but are there any fast (-ish) charging opportunities on the New England? The Newcastle SCharger can't come fast enough!!

2. ColinA

ColinA Member

Port Macquarie supercharger was announced today, so at somepoint they'll have to fill the SYD-PMQ gap with something around Newcastle. Yes... hopefully sooner rather than later!

3. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Today? Thanks, Colina, I missed that. Won't be any good for my trip this weekend, I guess, but can't wait for a few Northside....

4. stphw

stphw Member

To revive an old thread... the Quality Hotel Powerhouse Tamworth will have a destination charger going next week they said.

• Informative x 1
  5. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I'm waiting for one in Orange. I go out there occasionally. Bit of a rigmarole using Hydro Majestic DC and UMC at motel.

6. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

It would be appealing to stop at Orange and get some juice, okay, old joke but I wanted to squeeze that in.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. Mark E

Mark E Member

Bathurst is already planned and showing on the Tesla website...

8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Double the pun!

9. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

And speaking of that area, the council in the Dubbo area mentioned a couple of years back in one of their council meeting minutes that they would "try to attract a supercharger to the area". The fact that it is just under 200km from Bathurst, Given Bathurst is due this year (as @Mark E says), Dubbo is 200km from Bathurst, the council is enthusiastic, *and* it is at a junction of highways... my prediction is end of 2018.

Future car charge station investigated

http://www.midwestern.nsw.gov.au/globalassets/S_2572/business-paper-attachments-and-minutes/2016/april-2016/9.1-report-160420.pdf

10. ND100

ND100 Member

Destination Chargers (either in a public area council car park at Dubbo, or a hotel) would be a great start. Bathurst to Dubbo (with some driving near Dubbo/at the zoo) round trip looks like it'd cut things a bit finer than I'd like, depending on temperature.

11. baillies

baillies Member

Destination chargers at the zoo would be great. Hopefully eventually there will be a supercharger in town as well.

12. ND100

ND100 Member

I wrote to the zoo asking about any form of charging (10A, 3 phase, destination charger) but they never wrote back. Shame since the zoo has their own electric buggies and must have some charging infrastructure for them.