Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sydney - Tesla Home Charger installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. The installation for regular tesla wall charger at home in the car garage. Has anyone installed this recently at home? How much is the installation cost apart from the cost of buying the wall charger.?

Installation costs are site specific. If your electrical panel is quite close to where you want to put the charger it will be cheaper than if they have to run a cable through the roof space to the other end of the house. Best to get your electrician out for a quote. They can also pre wire it up if you haven't got the charger yet, and then finish the install when the charger arrives.

Installation costs are site specific. If your electrical panel is quite close to where you want to put the charger it will be cheaper than if they have to run a cable through the roof space to the other end of the house. Best to get your electrician out for a quote. They can also pre wire it up if you haven't got the charger yet, and then finish the install when the charger arrives.
Thanks @Onshore

@meloccom can you edit the thread title to change the "Supercharger" to "charger" or something?

@sydneyguy this is a Supercharger:

akrales_160419_1019_A_0208.0.0.png

Reactions: sydneyguy
Any recommendations who can help me in installation of a charger / supercharger for Model 3 at home in my car garage in Sydney? Thanks in advance.

I’m having solar installed and they need to add a sub switchboard in the garage to connect the invertor (as current switchboard is full).

After agreeing on the quote, I asked them about whether they could wire up a wall charger. They said that as they will be there anyway, it will only take them an extra hour so charging me $140.

So effectively the wall charger is subsiding my solar installation by around $1000, which is what an electrician would charge if I had to call one out.

To sum up, if you can get other necessary electrical work done at the same time, you might be better paying an hourly rate.