TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sync driver/passenger temperature?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MikeC, Feb 21, 2013.

1. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Not sure what I'm missing, but can't figure out how to adjust the temperature for both sides of the car when I'm the only one in there, except to change both the driver and passenger temps individually. I've done a search but can't figure out if there is an option to sync them so I only need to control one and they both change,

2. Liz G

Liz G P03056

When you start changing the temp for one side the synch button should appear just above the temp control you are adjusting. You can click it then and it will synch (or unsynch) the temp controls for each side.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

You've gotta be fast though, the sync button only lasts a moment

Evan, Via Tapatalk

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Change the temperature from the right click wheel. I think that syncs them automatically...actually I'm assuming, someone might need to check that.

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Thanks for the responses. I just tried it - I was looking intently for something to appear as I adjusted the temp button but didn't see anything. I've been trying to figure this out for a week and I'm sure I couldn't have been missing anything so obvious.

We're talking about the temp button at the bottom of the 17" screen, right? All it did for me was change the temp. Changing the passenger side didn't do it, either, it moves individually.

Edit: Sorry, Nigel, I misunderstood your suggestion - the steering wheel right click wheel explicitly controls "driver temperature".

6. efusco

#6 efusco, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    uploading a video for you in just a couple minutes. Hold tight.
    Tesla Model S Temperature Sync - YouTube

7. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

#7 MikeC, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Whoa - I have never seen that extra temperature number and sync sign that appears above! That happens every time you change the temp? Mine just changes the number that is always present along the bottom between the up and down arrows (I'm running 4.2).

I would never have expected that if you hadn't posted the video, thank you! Here is a video of what happens with mine...

8. efusco

Well that's interesting...have you ever done a reboot of that center screen? It may be a software quirk. I'm on 4.2 as well.

9. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Mine has been that way since I got it a couple weeks ago, and I have reset the center screen a couple times just playing around with it and it hasn't ever changed. Could I be the only one that doesn't get that extra pop-up temp/sync button??

10. Liz G

Liz G P03056

What version of software are you running?

11. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Running 4.2

12. dave

dave Member

I had the same thing happen to me, but figured I was just doing something wrong! The sync button disappeared a couple weeks ago, but I haven't had time to mess with it since. Will check again next time I drive to see if it came back.

13. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

It looks like your rear camera is on. When the reverse camera video is displayed it will obscure anything else in the same area - in this case it's obscuring the additional temperature controls. The video seems to sometimes get misplaced, which a reboot will fix. In any case try witching to something else, like a full screen map to see if that restores the normal behaviour.

14. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yep, this was it. Works just fine with anything except the rearview camera at the bottom half. That is my default setup, but amazing that I must never have adjusted the temp except when I had the camera there. Thanks, GeekGirls!

15. efusco

Wow, observant pickup...kudos, I bow to your Tesla-Fu skills.

16. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

+1 Wow.

17. Rodolfo Paiz

Rodolfo Paiz P85 "Plug and Play"

I gotta admit, this is very annoying behavior to me. I'd much prefer to have a "sync on/off" button which controls whether the controls are synched or independent. If set to sync, then I should be able to adjust one side and have the other stay synched. I'm usually alone in the car, and having to re-sync every single time I change the temperature is a major PITA.

18. Kaivball

Kaivball Member

I believe it stays whatever the last setting is.

If you set it to sync it will stay sync until you change it.

Not sure there is a problem.

19. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

The car remembers if your temperatures are synced or not, even after shutdowns. So if you press the temp buttons, after pressing the sync button they both move together.

20. dave

dave Member

Well, my Sync button was there today, so I must have been hitting the camera issue as well!