Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sync driver/passenger temperature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeC

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2012
Los Angeles
Not sure what I'm missing, but can't figure out how to adjust the temperature for both sides of the car when I'm the only one in there, except to change both the driver and passenger temps individually. I've done a search but can't figure out if there is an option to sync them so I only need to control one and they both change,

Thanks for the responses. I just tried it - I was looking intently for something to appear as I adjusted the temp button but didn't see anything. I've been trying to figure this out for a week and I'm sure I couldn't have been missing anything so obvious.

We're talking about the temp button at the bottom of the 17" screen, right? All it did for me was change the temp. Changing the passenger side didn't do it, either, it moves individually.

Edit: Sorry, Nigel, I misunderstood your suggestion - the steering wheel right click wheel explicitly controls "driver temperature".

Thanks for the responses. I just tried it - I was looking intently for something to appear as I adjusted the temp button but didn't see anything. I've been trying to figure this out for a week and I'm sure I couldn't have been missing anything so obvious.

We're talking about the temp button at the bottom of the 17" screen, right? All it did for me was change the temp. Changing the passenger side didn't do it, either, it moves individually.

Edit: Sorry, Nigel, I misunderstood your suggestion - the steering wheel right click wheel explicitly controls "driver temperature".
uploading a video for you in just a couple minutes. Hold tight.
Tesla Model S Temperature Sync - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
uploading a video for you in just a couple minutes. Hold tight.
Tesla Model S Temperature Sync - YouTube

Whoa - I have never seen that extra temperature number and sync sign that appears above! That happens every time you change the temp? Mine just changes the number that is always present along the bottom between the up and down arrows (I'm running 4.2).

I would never have expected that if you hadn't posted the video, thank you! Here is a video of what happens with mine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has been that way since I got it a couple weeks ago, and I have reset the center screen a couple times just playing around with it and it hasn't ever changed. Could I be the only one that doesn't get that extra pop-up temp/sync button??

Mine has been that way since I got it a couple weeks ago, and I have reset the center screen a couple times just playing around with it and it hasn't ever changed. Could I be the only one that doesn't get that extra pop-up temp/sync button??

I had the same thing happen to me, but figured I was just doing something wrong! The sync button disappeared a couple weeks ago, but I haven't had time to mess with it since. Will check again next time I drive to see if it came back.

I would never have expected that if you hadn't posted the video, thank you! Here is a video of what happens with mine...

It looks like your rear camera is on. When the reverse camera video is displayed it will obscure anything else in the same area - in this case it's obscuring the additional temperature controls. The video seems to sometimes get misplaced, which a reboot will fix. In any case try witching to something else, like a full screen map to see if that restores the normal behaviour.

It looks like your rear camera is on. When the reverse camera video is displayed it will obscure anything else in the same area - in this case it's obscuring the additional temperature controls. The video seems to sometimes get misplaced, which a reboot will fix. In any case try witching to something else, like a full screen map to see if that restores the normal behaviour.

Yep, this was it. Works just fine with anything except the rearview camera at the bottom half. That is my default setup, but amazing that I must never have adjusted the temp except when I had the camera there. Thanks, GeekGirls!

Wow, observant pickup...kudos, I bow to your Tesla-Fu skills.

I gotta admit, this is very annoying behavior to me. I'd much prefer to have a "sync on/off" button which controls whether the controls are synched or independent. If set to sync, then I should be able to adjust one side and have the other stay synched. I'm usually alone in the car, and having to re-sync every single time I change the temperature is a major PITA.

I gotta admit, this is very annoying behavior to me. I'd much prefer to have a "sync on/off" button which controls whether the controls are synched or independent. If set to sync, then I should be able to adjust one side and have the other stay synched. I'm usually alone in the car, and having to re-sync every single time I change the temperature is a major PITA.

I believe it stays whatever the last setting is.

If you set it to sync it will stay sync until you change it.

Not sure there is a problem.

The car remembers if your temperatures are synced or not, even after shutdowns. So if you press the temp buttons, after pressing the sync button they both move together.