Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Syncing two cellphones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife brought home her MS85 today (officially dubbed 'Kitt'), and I had a question.

Her phone synced up nicely and pulled all her contacts. So far, so good.

I plan to drive it (as much as she'll let me), but before I pair my phone to it.. is there any way to NOT sync my contacts over? Or have them separated by driver profile?

Basically, I have a metric ton of contacts in my phone for work.. she has a ton of completely different contacts.. if they're all in there, it would be a massive and unusable list.

Thoughts?

My wife brought home her MS85 today (officially dubbed 'Kitt'), and I had a question.

Her phone synced up nicely and pulled all her contacts. So far, so good.

I plan to drive it (as much as she'll let me), but before I pair my phone to it.. is there any way to NOT sync my contacts over? Or have them separated by driver profile?

Basically, I have a metric ton of contacts in my phone for work.. she has a ton of completely different contacts.. if they're all in there, it would be a massive and unusable list.

Thoughts?
My recollection is that when you pair it asks if you want to sync contacts or not.

UPDATE:
It looks like the bluetooth sync works like BMW/Mercedes.. it seems to actually grab the contacts when you connect, and not keep them forever. I synced my phone and saw my contacts and NOT my wife's list.. so it looks like we're good!

UPDATE:
It looks like the bluetooth sync works like BMW/Mercedes.. it seems to actually grab the contacts when you connect, and not keep them forever. I synced my phone and saw my contacts and NOT my wife's list.. so it looks like we're good!

yes, it doesn't actually sync/save, just downloads/accesses the paired phone. when another is paired that database is what shows up, the other is erased from flash memory. i've done this many times with my brother and his phone. no probs.

yes, it doesn't actually sync/save, just downloads/accesses the paired phone. when another is paired that database is what shows up, the other is erased from flash memory. i've done this many times with my brother and his phone. no probs.

Not all cars behave this way. I rented a car s few weeks ago that had a Microsoft sync system. It had phone data from 8 previous renters.

Not all cars behave this way. I rented a car s few weeks ago that had a Microsoft sync system. It had phone data from 8 previous renters.

indeed, yes. i was referring to the model s. but i've heard the microsoft system--my co-worker just bought a ford with it--does store info. don't know if there's a setting to disallow that or not. if i were renting i would not sync my phone. or find out how to blank the car memory when i'm done. my last couple bmw's had an option to store contacts etc on the local hard drive, i kept that function disabled, so it downloaded each time it connected. took about a minute or two everyday, but better than my car permanently storing all my info. it was a lease.