Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster, long time lurker. I've found the Syracuse Supercharging Location. Spoke to the construction guy, he had just finished Utica. Not much to do, lots of hotels, Tim Hortons, Taco Bell. It's a stones throw from the thruway toll booths. 8 stalls, they had some issues digging with the frozen ground, probably the reason it's taking longer than expected. See attached photos...

Dropbox - TeslaSCSyracuse

Ordering an S85D "soon"....

First time poster, long time lurker. I've found the Syracuse Supercharging Location. Spoke to the construction guy, he had just finished Utica. Not much to do, lots of hotels, Tim Hortons, Taco Bell. It's a stones throw from the thruway toll booths. 8 stalls, they had some issues digging with the frozen ground, probably the reason it's taking longer than expected. See attached photos...

Heck of a first post!

Awesome find!

That's going to make a lot of people very happy. Great job!

Last edited:
No problem at all, I started at the mall (Destiny) this morning, that would seem logical as there is so much to do there and lots of space, when I didn't find it there, I figured the next logical spot was where 81 and 90 intersect, saw some construction equipment, there happened to be a van next to me as I pulled in with his engine running. He got out first and when I asked him what was going on here, he responded a Tesla charging station, bingo! I'm so obsessed with Tesla that I'll keep the photos coming so everyone can see the progress. I asked him about Clarence (Buffalo) and he said that's where they will go next most likely. Hopefully this one won't take too long. They already broke a bit on their hydraulic hammer, so that had sent them back. I didn't ask when they broke ground, doh! I hear there is a restaurant in the hotel. There is also plenty of parking, but I could see these getting ICEd if there is a big convention. The guy said they weren't allowed to work tomorrow because of a convention going on...

Kickin, thanks for finding this and posting. Good to hear there might eventually be some action on the Clarence site. Some information had it completed before the end of 2014. I'd be happy if it were done by May.

So this location is:

439 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, NY 13088

Correct?

Last edited:
Kickin, thanks for finding this and posting. Good to hear there might eventually be some action on the Clarence site. Some information had it completed before the end of 2014. I'd be happy if it were done by May.

So this location is:

439 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, NY 13088

Correct?

It's technically in the Holiday Inn parking lot, so 441 Electronics Parkway, Liverpool, NY 13088

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Kickin. Will you keep, sell, or trade-in your LEAF?

I plan on keeping it, giving it to my youngest to drive (he's 16), my 19 year-old son in college drives a FitEV and my wife drives our only gas car (RAV4).

No problem at all, I started at the mall (Destiny) this morning, that would seem logical as there is so much to do there and lots of space, when I didn't find it there, I figured the next logical spot was where 81 and 90 intersect, saw some construction equipment, there happened to be a van next to me as I pulled in with his engine running. He got out first and when I asked him what was going on here, he responded a Tesla charging station, bingo! I'm so obsessed with Tesla that I'll keep the photos coming so everyone can see the progress. I asked him about Clarence (Buffalo) and he said that's where they will go next most likely. Hopefully this one won't take too long. They already broke a bit on their hydraulic hammer, so that had sent them back. I didn't ask when they broke ground, doh! I hear there is a restaurant in the hotel. There is also plenty of parking, but I could see these getting ICEd if there is a big convention. The guy said they weren't allowed to work tomorrow because of a convention going on...
You are a better sleuth than I am. I was coming back from Rochester today and got off I-90 at the I-81 exit to see if I could find any supercharger construction activity. I also checked Destiny. Maybe Destiny wanted too much money for Tesla to place their chargers there. Or maybe they didn't want competition with their J1772 chargers. Superchargers would have brought some good business to the mall.

You are a better sleuth than I am. I was coming back from Rochester today and got off I-90 at the I-81 exit to see if I could find any supercharger construction activity. I also checked Destiny. Maybe Destiny wanted too much money for Tesla to place their chargers there. Or maybe they didn't want competition with their J1772 chargers. Superchargers would have brought some good business to the mall.

Yeah, shocked myself. The mall would have been perfect, they have this "green" initiative supposedly. They should at least have some HPWCs at the mall, that won't happen until Tesla opens a store there probably...

Great spot Kickin! I swung by there today and took these pics - the good news is you can see the toll booths for the thruway just beyond the construction site; the bad news is that these spots are primed for ICEing, right near the main entrance. Still, great news that Central NY is finally getting online!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for finding this. The two spots I am most interested in are this one and the Buffalo SC. I looking for a straight shot from Cleveland to Boston, and these two are integral.

"The spots are primed for ICE'ing' you say. Well you could not have nailed it more on the head. Although I have a P85D coming in the next "Musk Month", I am a hardcore Iceman. The spot they have put the superchargers is the main hotel for the Syracuse Nationals. 7000 screaming beltching ice machines of all shapes and sizes. I took my 1968 firebird LS3 570horse their last year for show and stayed at this hotel. The hotel alone attracted 2000 ICE' ers a night. So, great spot -but- avoid it July 17, 18, 19 2015.