Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

(Congratulations on probably being the first, and on beating me to it.)

- - - Updated - - -

OK...now if I can manage to upload this picture...
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 793
QUOTE=Andyw2100;977909]Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

(Congratulations on probably being the first, and on beating me to it.)

- - - Updated - - -

OK...now if I can manage to upload this picture...

You managed to upload the picture just fine. As for quoting from the earlier post properly, not so much! :)

(I have to be able to give a little grief to the guy who got his Model S supercharging in Syracuse before I did!)

What a beautiful sight! Congrats on being the first public user.

How long does it usually take for a new Supercharger to show up on the in-vehicle charger location map?

If we could only get a bunch of cars there at the same time, I would call my media contacts and see if we can get them out there for a quick shoot ;)

lets organize a drive in event!
we meet at the Syracuse supercharger then we go for a tour of the finger lakes or the Adirondack. Maybe we can test out HP on a nice curvy road. Who is in?

You still can claim a 'first' title, I don't think any P85Ds have charged at this location yet ;)

Feels like second prize, and I don't even know if I really can claim it, but OK.

Supercharging.jpg

I was there at about 1:30 today.

I actually passed what I think was a black Model S that was heading East on the Thruway as I was heading West, to get to the Supercharger. If it was a Model S, and if it had just been at the Supercharger, we missed each other by less than five minutes. If that was the first P85D, so be it!

Interesting that it seems to have taken a few days before the Syracuse SC was integrated into the Nav software. A trip to Binghamton was previously routed through Canada! Now the route just goes to the Syracuse SC and then to the final destination. Nice to see it finally happen.

I stopped there twice this weekend on my trip to buffalo. The restaurant in the holiday in doesn't really have regular hours. They are open when there are people in the hotel and they have the staff for it. I had planned on lunch there. No luck, went across the street. It's ok on a nice sunny day, but the wife and kids would not be into eating here if it was snowy or rainy. Anyone bring to-go food into the holiday in and eat in the lobby?

Great there is a place to charge, but not the easiest access to food if you plan on stopping here.

Syracuse today is packed. The conference center is hosting a very large event and most of the charging spots are ICEd. They have a huge parking lot but it's totally packed. the lot is unmarked (probably a mistake, as line would help define the parking area and optimize use of the surface).
I was there charging around 7.30am and I have been there a good 30-40 minutes (range charge to get to Watertown and back). It was interesting to see how people approached parking in a obviously not allowed area.

First a few guys drove in, looked at the sign and went back looking for parking further away. Then as the lot was getting busier and busier (I will admit I've never seen it this busy, and I'm here twice a week) the guilt of parking in a charging stall faded.
The first "abuser" tried to park close but not in the parking stall, actually having an even worst effect (blocking 2 charging stalls instead of 1). [Parallel park in front of 2 charging spot without leaving enough space for anybody to back up in the charging station].
But the "BEST" was a lady (ndr, very good looking) wearing a long leather trench coat that pulled in the charging stall and getting out of the car looked towards me, but not straight in the eye. She slightly open the coat showing me the gun and a law enforcement badge (it was a star shaped one, probably a marshal?).

I felt like people was looking at my as if I was the TESLA police... to either let them know it was ok/ or not ok to park.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I think that was Tedkidd's car. He originally posted that picture, so probably wanted his car in it. The other seven supercharging spots are open, and presumably had eight Teslas shown up at once, Tedkidd was there and could have moved his car, so I don't think it was a problem.

Yep. "pics or it didn't happen".

It's proof I was there.

macedonia supercharger.jpg
IMG_20140530_114449423_HDR.jpg
20150512_162228_344.jpg
IMG_20130908_165247_091.jpg
IMG_20130909_161253_722.jpg

Last edited:
I am travelling from Canada to Wildwood, NJ next week and I am planning on stopping at the Syracuse supercharger. I will be travelling on the I-81. Is it much faster to take the I-90 then exit 37 with the toll booth or should I just continue on the I-81, take exit 25 and take 7th N street. Google maps is telling me taking 7th N street is 1 minute longer but maybe less hassle than the toll booth?

And continuing after that down the I-81 south should I take back the I-90 and I-81 or just take 7th N street and then the I-81. Thank you in advance!