Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System automatically capping production prior to PTO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -- I've been reading in various recent posts about the system capping production to prevent selling power into the grid prior to PTO. Instead of hijacking an existing thread, decided to start a new one.

How do you know this is the case? Do you see solar production automatically get reduced to match home energy usage once Powerwalls are fully charged? This doesn't seem to be the case for me so curious how others are finding this out. Also, if this is in fact not the case with my system, is it possible to have Tesla enable that feature for me until I get PTO?

yes, pre PTO with GW2 and PW+, Inventor would adjust the solar production to match what you need. If you have powerwall , will charge with excess from solar production
Got it thanks. My system should definitely qualify then. I have a solar roof, not panels, but assume that wouldn't matter. How do I verify that this functionality is actually enabled? Is it simply through the observation of my solar production when the Powerwalls get to 100 pct?