Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System faults after supercharging

Dkilbane1

Feb 26, 2019
Minneapolis
I just took my Model 3 on its first road trip and everything went fine until the last Supercharger before I arrived. I already scheduled service but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I supercharged and got it up to around 80% and when I went to get going again I received basically every system fault besides drive unit failure that can occur. ABS, stability and traction control, power steering, regen braking, and autopilot disabled. I called Tesla and we tried to reboot the car and the faults were still there. I decide to just drive the 15 miles to my destination and go into the local SC in the morning. As I drove home however all the faults began correcting themselves and when I got my destination and restarted my car everything was fine.

I decided not to get it fixed and just wait until I got home in a few days so I wouldn't disrupt my trip. On the way home it however happened with every supercharger stop with the exception of the last one which was only a 120 kw supercharger. Each time I had to drive for 10ish minutes and waited for the faults to clear and then power off the car and let it reboot and everything was fine. I think it's some kind of temperature sensor issue and once it cools down it is all fine. I have it going in for service next Wednesday I'm just curious if anyone has every heard of such a strange problem happening to a Tesla after supercharging.

Attachments

• 48A03FE6-62D5-4F69-A273-773778A130CC.jpeg
    48A03FE6-62D5-4F69-A273-773778A130CC.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 25

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC