Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System not pulling from Powerwalls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

Since yesterday, our system has not pulled from the Powerwalls. However, both my iPad (4.0 version of app) and Android phone show that no power is ever flowing from the Powerwalls to the house, even last night when the A/C was running. Rather it pulled the grid. And today when the sun is out the PWs are at 100% so all solar is going out to the grid.

I tried shutting down the inverters and the system just switched to pulling the needed power from the grid. Also, setting the system "self-powered" or "Time-based" has no effect.

Any thought on how I can get the powerwalls back online?

Hi,

Since yesterday, our system has not pulled from the Powerwalls. However, both my iPad (4.0 version of app) and Android phone show that no power is ever flowing from the Powerwalls to the house, even last night when the A/C was running. Rather it pulled the grid. And today when the sun is out the PWs are at 100% so all solar is going out to the grid.

I tried shutting down the inverters and the system just switched to pulling the needed power from the grid. Also, setting the system "self-powered" or "Time-based" has no effect.

Any thought on how I can get the powerwalls back online?

Dumb question: What’s your reserve percentage?

Dumb question #2: I wonder what would happen if you opened your main breaker to the grid? (Or used the new Go Off Grid feature?)

Bruce.

Reactions: jjrandorin
This is strange. I have an Android phone and iPad Pro. The Android phone is running the latest Android version of the app. The iPad is running 4.x.
Both devices show no charging of powerwalls yesterday.

When I cut the power the Android phone shows the correct display, and I was able to bring the Powerwalls back on line, drain them, and then bring the solar online and charge them up the Powerwalls. However, setting a change on the iPad had no effect. Checking into this a bit it appears the display on the iPad seems to lag hours behind the display on the Android phone. Also, the iPad showed for a minute or two options on the VPP not shown on the Android phone. Namely $1.00/kWh minimum!!! Unfortunately, after about 2 minutes the iPad auto refreshed the screen and that payment option disappeared!

So I think there are definitely some issues with 4.x Tesla App on this iPad Pro. It may be because this iPad Pro is a dev/test system that always runs the latest iPadOS betas. But, with all other iPad applications, it has not had these sorts of issues.