Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System On - No Monitoring Info in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got PTO earlier this morning from SoCal Edison and flipped on my inverter. The system should now be on. However, when I look at my Tesla app, I don't see anything under, "My Home." How long does it take for the monitoring system to come online? My gateway is plugged into the router so that's set too. Does it take some time to calibrate? If I don't see anything in the app...I don't really know if my system is working.

Have you contacted Tesla? They may need to do some things to commission the system. In my case, I let Tesla know I got PTO and they indicated they had not yet heard that (may be utility didn't notify or it was just not yet processed by Tesla.)

Is this solar only or solar plus PW? I know in my install, the app was working perfectly when they completed the install, even though I did not have PTO. The PW appeared the day they installed it, and then the solar (roof, though not sure that matters) appeared on the app when they finished that a week or so later.

In the interim, one thing you may be able to do is look at your meter. Is it sunny? Are you running much (like the A/C)? If it is sunny and your load is low, your electric meter should be going backwards (what exactly that means might depend on the meter as some show export numbers and others literally have the usage number decrease.)

I got PTO earlier this morning from SoCal Edison and flipped on my inverter. The system should now be on. However, when I look at my Tesla app, I don't see anything under, "My Home." How long does it take for the monitoring system to come online? My gateway is plugged into the router so that's set too. Does it take some time to calibrate? If I don't see anything in the app...I don't really know if my system is working.

Hasn't it been up since the gateway was installed and commissioned by Tesla? Ours was commissioned back in April and just now passed final inspection. But the app has been showing data since the commissioning back in April.

Hasn't it been up since the gateway was installed and commissioned by Tesla? Ours was commissioned back in April and just now passed final inspection. But the app has been showing data since the commissioning back in April.

Interesting. Mine just showed a black screen until Tesla did something on their end. Mine is solar panel only with no powerwall - so maybe that's why.

Interesting. Mine just showed a black screen until Tesla did something on their end. Mine is solar panel only with no powerwall - so maybe that's why.

That might be the difference. But, I wonder how they confirmed your system was working? I would have assumed they looked at the inverter outputs in the app to see that it was producing and reading the outputs.

Regardless, glad to hear it is working.