Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Boned in a Shopping Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive my ignorance (never been in accident with another car where I involved the insurance), isn't the insurance claim on the car driver at fault's insurance not your insurance? Or when you mentioned Liberty Mutual was that other guys insurance you were talking about?

Have you gotten any idea from the repair shop as to time for repair?? Reading posts from folks here indicates it takes weeks to get parts. The first thought that came to my mind was that my insurance only pays for 30 days of rental, then I have to pick up the tab. I fortunately have a second car, so Id just return the rental and eat the rest, but it concerns me that some folks dont have that option. It sounds like your car could be in the shop for months potentially.

Have you gotten any idea from the repair shop as to time for repair?? Reading posts from folks here indicates it takes weeks to get parts. The first thought that came to my mind was that my insurance only pays for 30 days of rental, then I have to pick up the tab. I fortunately have a second car, so Id just return the rental and eat the rest, but it concerns me that some folks dont have that option. It sounds like your car could be in the shop for months potentially.
My company is going to submit the claim against the other driver's insurance company for all expenses, including total car rental costs even if it exceeds 30 days.

I'm not eating anything! Insurance is supposed to make you whole again! I'm also going to sue the guy for loss of value!

Forgive my ignorance (never been in accident with another car where I involved the insurance), isn't the insurance claim on the car driver at fault's insurance not your insurance? Or when you mentioned Liberty Mutual was that other guys insurance you were talking about?
Travelers Insurance covers the other driver. They are going to pay my expenses as well, since he was clearly at fault!
(I have dashcam video to prove it!)