Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Diag by Diagcode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a new diagnostic tool for Tesla Model S/X (not the Model 3). Its out of Europe.Its called the T-Diag by Diagcode...
Nice catch. This deserves it's own thread. I wonder if it really enables diag, factory and Dev modes? I wouldn't have thought that possible over CAN. Even more curious about Reset GW?

Here is more detail. Costs 3200 euro. Looks like MCU1 only. Curious if a future MCU2 version will get built and if so would such a version nerf a DIY tuner addition and/or DIY MCU2?

Last edited:
Reactions: KArnold
There is a new diagnostic tool for Tesla Model S/X (not the Model 3). Its out of Europe.Its called the T-Diag by Diagcode,

Apparently does not need rooting and has ability to redeploy. Works off of the OBD2 port.

Here's a YouTube link for a demo on the tool.

2:30 of the video . . . am I reading correctly that the Odometer value can be set to . . . anything?

I have SIGNIFICANT issues with that, if so.

2:30 of the video . . . am I reading correctly that the Odometer value can be set to . . . anything?

I have SIGNIFICANT issues with that, if so.

I'm not sure about this tool but with a laptop connected to the car, Yes Odometer can be easily changed. So I assume they both work the same way .

It takes less than 5 minutes to change it into any value of your choice. Tesla won't bother reverting it in most cases, not sure if they're monitoring it on salvage cars or not.

Hi
I purchased there unit from them and called the office beforehand, the unit does exactly what it says on the box. I have a T CAN Pro that i am now selling as this tool is easier to use and direct via OBD2 port.
If anyone wishes info just message me i am in the UK

Hi
I purchased there unit from them and called the office beforehand, the unit does exactly what it says on the box. I have a T CAN Pro that i am now selling as this tool is easier to use and direct via OBD2 port.
If anyone wishes info just message me i am in the UK
Hi, I wish you can give me more information! Did you buy it directly on the web site? Can you share a video of you using it?

Seems shady.
Would be risky to plug something like that into your car from a company with questionable identity, especially if they claim the tool can do so much, including things that clearly doesn’t seem proper or moral.
Seems shady.
Would be risky to plug something like that into your car from a company with questionable identity, especially if they claim the tool can do so much, including things that clearly doesn’t seem proper or moral.
Hi
I have both T DIAG and T CAN PRO I purchased them to repair my 2019 75D they both work very well, I have cleared SRS codes re programmed the safety restraint module. Fitted US components and recorded them to a EU car.
There was only one code I was unable to remove so booked it into local service centre and they did it.
They did it without issue and never referenced that I had connected in any way using the OBD2 or the blue Harley plug and the LAN connection.
So its upto you guys I can put a vid on when I connect next but have sold the T Diag to a guy in Ca will do vid before I ship.
It saved me $$$$$$$ I would recommend either.
Probably T CAN above T Diag.
Any questions please message me.
Mark

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
Interesting stuff. Back in time, 1980's many were changing odometer readings. Use to be a thing and very easy on older cars. Then more laws were passed and fines were given. That's why now there is this odometer paper that you are signing when a car is sold. I feel that just because you can tamper with the odometer doesn't mean that you want those charges against you.

T Diag says it only works with MCU1 cars. How did you use it on a 2019 75D?

Is it plug and play? Or do you need to root?
Can it really change any gateway configs?
Hi
It's a 2018 model reg Jan 19, both T diag and Tcan connect directly either to the blue Harley plug or the OBD2 connector.
They both work just sold the T Diag to a guy in CA, the T can pro is possible the better of the 2 units as you can connect via LAN but I have now completed my rebuild and have had a great learning experience with both and my Tesla build, I am no spring chicken 62 years old but bus systems are what I do for a living I lecture.

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie and BPeter
Hi
I have both T DIAG and T CAN PRO I purchased them to repair my 2019 75D they both work very well, I have cleared SRS codes re programmed the safety restraint module. Fitted US components and recorded them to a EU car.
There was only one code I was unable to remove so booked it into local service centre and they did it.
They did it without issue and never referenced that I had connected in any way using the OBD2 or the blue Harley plug and the LAN connection.
So its upto you guys I can put a vid on when I connect next but have sold the T Diag to a guy in Ca will do vid before I ship.
It saved me $$$$$$$ I would recommend either.
Probably T CAN above T Diag.
Any questions please message me.
Mark
Hello man can you call me I have big problem white this SRS. +359896628376
Thank you