Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'T' on charging cable flashes red.

mnsweeps

Aug 3, 2019
Los Angeles

I used this charger in my garage for my Model 3 and Model Y. When I start charging I get 30 miles/hour .. after a few hours, I see the rate go down to 15 miles/hour. I have a similar 240v outlet and charger on the other side of the garage and thats works fine.

I went to check the charger and see the 'T' flashing red 4 times but charging continues at 15m/hour. Is this a grounding issue on that particular ground outlet?

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Sounds like these people know what they are talking about. But please, please, PLEASE, don't try to fix this yourself UNLESS, you really, really, really know what you are doing. We don't want your last post here, to be your LAST POST.

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn and mnsweeps

yerEVan

Dec 29, 2018
Near Philly
Sounds like these people know what they are talking about. But please, please, PLEASE, don't try to fix this yourself UNLESS, you really, really, really know what you are doing. We don't want your last post here, to be your LAST POST.
Right. I should have mentioned that. Definitely get an electrician.

Reactions: Akikiki

namikun

Apr 29, 2019
CT
This happened to my mobile connector, too. I would also see charging errors notifications on the screen. Tesla ended up replacing the unit under warranty.

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
i dont have any charging errors on screen

This is because the mobile connector is ramping down the amperage available to the car. The car doesn't see it as an error because it's technically not an error to the car, the amperage is just lower.

You should have someone check your 14-50 socket to make sure everything is still tight. If possible try the mobile connector in another socket of the same type and start charging to see if it's the mobile connector.

Reactions: mnsweeps

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC