TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

T-Rex Lightning is dead?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by tonybelding, Jul 20, 2008.

1. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

I was just wondering what ever happened to the T-Rex Lightning. I thought it was really promising, and it was supposed to have been available for sale before now. There was supposed to be a promotional tour, but I never heard anything. A little research provides the answer: The company has gone through more upheavals.

T-Rex has merged with a company called Cirbin. The new company will be called Campagna Motors. This is a return to the Campagna name that was previously used by the makers of the T-Rex vehicle, after Daniel Campagna who invented it.

They are also setting up a new facility for their HQ, research and assembly in a suburb of Montreal. They expect to have production of the T-Rex restarted and delivery of vehicles begun by fall -- but the press release doesn't say whether they will be gasoline or electric versions.

They also have a new vehicle called the V13R, which appears to be very similar to the T-Rex but with very different body styling. Looks less like a Jetsons car and more like an open-topped roadster. (I personally think it looks goofy.)

Press releases here. . .

Campagna- Fun, Style, Performance

Now here's the bad news. As far as I can tell from looking at their new website, all information about electric vehicles has been removed. Both the T-Rex and the V13R are described only as gasoline-powered vehicles.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator