TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

T Shirts

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by vfx, Mar 20, 2010.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

yea, probably...but it's also probably not worth Tesla's time/trouble to persue it...their lawyers might send a threatening sounding letter, but that guy'll never sell enough to harm the Tesla name.

2. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

No, unless Tesla gave them some sort of limited license to use the trademarked logo for these shirts. Actually, I'm assuming that the logo is trademarked. If it isn't, then Tesla would have a tough claim.

You've probably heard about huge companies going after really small ones for this type of thing. Basically, under the Lanham Act, a trademark owner is required to pursue all trademark violations or it is in danger of losing the exclusive trademark, so Tesla, to protect its trademark, needs to send a cease and desist letter to the producer and seller (could be two different companies) of these shirts if this is an unauthorized use.

3. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

The seller of these shirts might have the governemt (NASA) as well as TV networks sending cease and desist letters.

The design is actually a bit more concise than what TM offers. :biggrin:

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#7 vfx, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

I would be extremely leery of using the link to reserve a Model S. Even what appears in the URL can be masked to appear as the authentic Model S reservation page.