Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 18” overlander set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed my overlander wheel and tire set.

Attachments

• B03A7FE8-4585-455A-9A9C-88D756B57A82.jpeg
    B03A7FE8-4585-455A-9A9C-88D756B57A82.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 587
  • AB28FB12-DCFE-4858-BFF3-8978FE43CEF5.jpeg
    AB28FB12-DCFE-4858-BFF3-8978FE43CEF5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
Reactions: zpaul and Fourdoor
Any update here on range? Would love to know if any significant changes or not

Well, "reported" range suffers pretty bad because for every 100 miles the car thinks you have driven, you have actually covered 104 miles. For my car, adjusting for this difference and doing the calculations myself I still took a range hit... but part of that may be due to the tires being new... it takes a bit of driving to break in new tires. I will finalize my "year of commuting" chart tonight, since today is the 1 year anniversary of having my MYP delivered :) I am including my 6/30 driving in my totals for the 1 year of ownership, since I didn't really drive the car that first day.

Keith

Just ordered a MY. The sales person is insisting that you can't jack up a single corner of a Tesla to change a wheel because it could cause the battery pack to flex and break. I'm pretty sure this is nonsense - obvious you'd want to use the designated jack point and not jack on the battery pack, but I've seen plenty of pictures of them being jacked up, including by rangers. And if the batteries were that fragile you'd crack them going up driveways and such.

This advisor is very insistent though, so wanted to check if there's anything to this. I'm guessing he's confusing the fact that you'd need two jacks (or a lift or jackpoint jackstands) to rotate tires, since there's no way to swap in a regular jack stand using only the four jacking points. But if you just want to change a single wheel (going from summer to winter for instance) surely it's fine?

The overlanders are actually 255/55/18's for the larger side wall and slightly better ground clearance.

Keith
Yes for the OVERLANDERS, they are 45's for the A/S Michelin's as I ordered. Thanks for correcting that.

Well, "reported" range suffers pretty bad because for every 100 miles the car thinks you have driven, you have actually covered 104 miles. For my car, adjusting for this difference and doing the calculations myself I still took a range hit... but part of that may be due to the tires being new... it takes a bit of driving to break in new tires. I will finalize my "year of commuting" chart tonight, since today is the 1 year anniversary of having my MYP delivered :) I am including my 6/30 driving in my totals for the 1 year of ownership, since I didn't really drive the car that first day.

Keith
Hey Keith, hope all is well! Just wondering if you've been able to figure out any further info on how much your range took a hit. Saw your other longer post, but not sure if you had more detailed info on range and the 18 in wheels. Let us know. Thanks!

Reactions: DealMasterMike
Hey Keith, hope all is well! Just wondering if you've been able to figure out any further info on how much your range took a hit. Saw your other longer post, but not sure if you had more detailed info on range and the 18 in wheels. Let us know. Thanks!
I am gathering up some new data now that the tires are "broken in"... I may have to suspend data collection though, my aero drag is increased now due to being rear ended today :( Car is drivable, and I will be verifying that it charges fine later (I expect zero issues) but I am affraid that if I open the hatch I will not be able to get it to latch again.

I viewed the footage of the accident several times... then when I tried to look at it on my computer it is not saved to the tesla drive! I wish I had recorded my screen with my phone while playing the accident video :(

Keith

I am gathering up some new data now that the tires are "broken in"... I may have to suspend data collection though, my aero drag is increased now due to being rear ended today :( Car is drivable, and I will be verifying that it charges fine later (I expect zero issues) but I am affraid that if I open the hatch I will not be able to get it to latch again.

I viewed the footage of the accident several times... then when I tried to look at it on my computer it is not saved to the tesla drive! I wish I had recorded my screen with my phone while playing the accident video :(

Keith
Sorry to hear this, hope you (or anyone else in the car) are alright! One of the reasons I got the Y was because of its extreme safety measures.

Are you still able to view the accident via the onboard dashcam app? There may be a way to recover any data stored on the car's GPU...

Hope your insurance mitigates any headache.
Vic

Sorry to hear this, hope you (or anyone else in the car) are alright! One of the reasons I got the Y was because of its extreme safety measures.

Are you still able to view the accident via the onboard dashcam app? There may be a way to recover any data stored on the car's GPU...

Hope your insurance mitigates any headache.
Vic

I think the footage is lost forever, but I will plug the drive back into the car and see if anything show up that was not on the drive. The problem is, I think that the video of the accident that I was watching was stored in the "recent clips" section, we did a lot of driving after the accident and the Recent clips file covers your last hour of driving. So far my wife and I are feeling fine... already got a solicitation phone call from a Chiropractor asking if we needed help dealing with any injuries...

Keith

PS: I am going on a road trip to Florida in less than a week, I don't want to do it in a rental without auto pilot... really wish I knew if the hatch would open and close normally... but I can just load things through the rear doors for now.