TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

T Sportline 18 inch turbines

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by Stellavator, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Stellavator

Stellavator Member

T Sport Line 18 in turbines: anyone get them, and have pictures/reviews?

2. Trail Runner

Trail Runner Member

Mine are in Space Grey and supposed to be shipped in next couple of days, ordered in November of last year. It's still a gamble to what i get first, car or wheels.

3. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

They're still for pre-order. Nobody has them yet. I placed my order last night. :)

4. ronin

ronin Member

I might order mine too soon to get the free shipping. So to be clear, no way that Tesla 18" stock aero wheels can fit on P3D+? Personally would rather have those for range benefit, but hey, the TST is a solid option.

5. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Yeah the stock aero wheels will not fit. I am trusting TS to get the inner milling correct so theirs do. lol

Just got an email reply back from them confirming that they will, "so long as you let us know they are for the PUP".

6. Jaguar

Jaguar Member

It seems it's still too early to say for sure whether 18" stock wheels will fit the P3D+. I suspect they won't but when I called Tesla, the rep I talked to checked with his technicians who apparently told him they would fit. However, he did admit that no one there had actually tried to fit them,

7. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I swear it was confirmed here or at M3OC that they wouldn't.

8. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

#8 steilkurve, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    19” stock wheels for Model S fit over the large breaks of the P85D I had. Had 21” in the summer, 19” in winter. Different cars but I would imagine the P3D+ could take a wheel that’s two inches down from the one it comes with.

9. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Also, I’d they wouldn’t fit, would the Tesla Shop page for those tires specify they are not compatible with certain variants of the car? Right now, I see no such caveat.

10. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Anyone receive their 18" wheels yet or get a shipping notification? Discount Tire is having a 20% off sale this Labor Day weekend, and I would like to take advantage and grab some winter tires for these wheels.

11. Stacks

Stacks Member

I’m wondering if the 18” TST + Continental DWS06 option will get us quicker 0-60 times on the performance. Any guesses?

12. DVS484

DVS484 Member

It’s only 10% on tires installed 20% if you buy wheels and tires and have them installed.

13. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

10% on tires is still a good deal. :)

14. UltralightBeam

What size tire is appropriate for these 18” TSTs? 225 45 18? Too narrow?

15. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

235/45/18 just like the Aeros.

16. Stellavator

Stellavator Member

I plan to replace my Aeros with either these, or the 19s, and put 245s on. 245/45-18, or 245/40-19.

17. UltralightBeam

Interesting they are flow formed vs cast like the19”. Wonder what their mindset/thought process was going into getting these? Track?

18. NickHoffmann

NickHoffmann Member

Just ordered the 18" TST wheels with the Pirelli Sottozero tires for winter for my P3D+.

19. ronin

ronin Member

Wouldn’t it be cheaper just to order the wheels and getting tires from discount or tire rack?

20. eigenv1

eigenv1 Member

Only wheels plus tires as a set are on sale. If you purchase just the wheels, there is no discount this weekend.