Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 18 inch turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cbutters Thanks for the video. Do you have any pictures of the car outside with the black wheels? It's hard to get a sense of the look from the video, with the close up shots and indoor lighting and reflections.

Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 with Gloss Black 18" TST Wheels

midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-tst-18-inch-turbine-wheels-flow-forged-wm-11.jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-tst-18-inch-turbine-wheels-flow-forged-wm-12.jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-tst-18-inch-turbine-wheels-flow-forged-wm-13.jpg
midnight-silver-metallic-tesla-model-3-gloss-black-tst-18-inch-turbine-wheels-flow-forged-wm-17.jpg

That's actually amazing. My 20" conservative driving got as low at 270 at best. If this brings it down to 220 Wh/Mi, that's incredible. That's aero with cover level.
Now with 200 miles and more spirited highway driving and heater usage I'm at 251 Wh/ mile over 200 miles. So still good but not quite as good as first glance. My guess is they are as good as the Tesla 18's without aero cover.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Now with 200 miles and more spirited highway driving and heater usage I'm at 251 Wh/ mile over 200 miles. So still good but not quite as good as first glance. My guess is they are as good as the Tesla 18's without aero cover.
That's still great. Today, used the heater and heated seats. My efficiency was 320 Wh/mi. Not even spirited driving. So I imagine this would really improve that.

Reactions: Diesel123
Do the Tesla Aero Wheel Cap Kit fits in the TST center?
They are supposed to. In my case they didn't, but I modified them pretty easily to fit. I have 3 sets of Tesla center cap kits and all 12 caps were slightly larger than the inset in the wheel and did not sit flush. Since my 18" wheels were part of the first batch to be sent out, I figured they might have had them a little out of spec. I'm sure they are in spec now.

What's the best way to get the center caps out if the wheel is already on the car? I've tried suction cupping to no avail. That being said, I'm also near certain I'll have the issue with the Tesla center caps not sitting flush.

What's the best way to get the center caps out if the wheel is already on the car? I've tried suction cupping to no avail. That being said, I'm also near certain I'll have the issue with the Tesla center caps not sitting flush.

If you have the right suction cups and they aren't working, try wiping them (and suction cup) clean and leave them a little bit wet. Stick on the suction cup as hard as you can and pull the suction lever. Then swiftly pull straight out. Might take a few tries.