Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 18 inch turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Midnight Silver Metallic P3D+ and I ordered the Space Gray 18" rims with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires and they have been awesome so far. Even with the acceleration on the Performance Model 3 they have plenty of grip for launches. They didn't slip at launch like some reported with the Michelin MXM4s.

Efficiency-wise I'm currently at 290 Wh/mi with 200 miles compared to the 300 Wh/mi average I had with 10k miles on the 20" Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Although it has been raining here recently so I think my average efficiency is higher than it should be.

Ride comfort is much smoother and bumps aren't as harsh compared to the low profile tires. Vehicle is significantly quieter as well. I hope these fix my issue with bent rims and potholes that I had with the stock 20" tires. I would definitely recommend these 18" TSportline rims to anyone. And they look really slick too.

FawG2Rc.jpg

SpHOPDx.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
I am on verge of booking Model 3 AWD. Still torn between 18 inch or 19 inch wheels - I hate the 18's but have been reading reports of significantly diminished range in 19"s (around 10% lower on average)

I have really been liking the silver 18 inch turbines and wanted to check effect on range.

@Tsportline Do you guys have any data round how these wheels impact the range versus the standard wheels with aero caps off (said to be around 300 miles in normal driving conditions)?

Also, how about the 19" flow forged wheels? how do they compare?

With the TST 18'' and Goodyear Weather Ready tires, I achieve 220Wh/mile at 65mph on the freeway with a P3D.

If I would be you, I would keep the 18 wheels from Tesla, remove the aero and see how you feel about them. If you don't like them, you can still resell them and get a set of TST.

What's the best way to get the center caps out if the wheel is already on the car? I've tried suction cupping to no avail. That being said, I'm also near certain I'll have the issue with the Tesla center caps not sitting flush.
I know this is an old post but this might help someone. If your suction cup won't work just take the wheel off and pop the center cap off from behind with something blunt like a socket wrench extension.

Question, so I commute a lot and have hit many potholes and I am getting a bunch of vibration from the steering wheel that I feel is from a bent rim. Despite no air loss. My question is the people who has the 18inch t sports line rims on their performance model, do u see any affect on your acceleration/0-60? I feel as though it would be quicker do to the light weight compared to the stock 20s. Looking to buy the 18s possibly this week

Depends on your tires you select with the 18s. I selected MXM4 factory tires and I noticed some slippage at times on 0-60 acceleration compared to the PS4S. Of course my efficiency is waaaaay up so its always a trade off.

There has been attempt to measure it and I think its relatively small something only 0.05s to maybe as much as 0.1s.

I use the TST 18" wheels for my winter setup. I just swapped the 20s back on but the TSTs were fantastic for the winter. Finish held up perfectly and I noticed zero slippage in acceleration with my Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires in anything except slushy/snowy conditions. They even dead hooked on wet pavement. I would give the credit more to the tires than the wheels but I've been very impressed with the quality of the Tsportline wheels.

Mine were pretty good, but I didn’t inspect them super close. No wheel will ever be absolutely perfect and I wouldn’t fret about any finish imperfections that aren’t on the front face of the wheel. All that said, you seem to have a number of imperfections on the faces of the wheels. Can’t hurt to ask for a credit or something if you don’t want to ship them back for replacement.