Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor T Sportline 19" TST Wheels For Sale Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's 2 wheel manufacturers left to my knowledge in the US. Prime (who makes Tesla oe wheels) and Superior (ticker symbol SUP). I believe neither are boutique manufacturers that would entertain making a volume under 5-6 digits in qty. Prime also has a plant in China, and Superior has expanded to a Mexico plant. dsm363, yore correct uth cost would be much higher, especially so at a small aftermarket wheel volume. Ultimately it would not even make business sense for either company.

Just curious but are there any US manufacturers that could produce this rim? I don't doubt the quality of the rims, just wondering if anyone still makes things like this anymore here. I realize the cost would be higher though.

we'll start to have pics on various model S' next week!

we're not tire experts and are sticking to the 245/45-19 recommendation. however, we did notice on TMC a couple members mounting a 255/45-19 in the rear on 19x8.5" wheels.

for comparison the outer diameter of the oe 245/45-19 is 27.7".
the outer diameter of a 255/45-19 is 28.0".
this is a 1.08% variance, meaning the overall diameter is only .3" larger.
the outer diameter will slightly vary by brand of tire and even by model, but the specs are pretty close on these 2 sizes.

thanks, these 2 reasons alone are enough of a reason to go for Tsportline's over Rials.

So, Tsportline, any high def pics yet? b/c now my issue is figuring out what finish to get!! lol

also, in your opinion, while I recognize 245/45R19 is the recommended tire size for this wheel, would it be safe to mount a 255/45R19 tire ?

for comparison the outer diameter of the oe 245/45-19 is 27.7".
the outer diameter of a 255/45-19 is 28.0".
this is a 1.08% variance, meaning the overall diameter is only .3" larger.
the outer diameter will slightly vary by brand of tire and even by model, but the specs are pretty close on these 2 sizes.

yes, this exactly. The face that you made your offset 35 instead of 40 actually helps out I think with the 255 tires since it actually pushes the inner wheel/tire further away from the suspension components if getting tires > 27.7" diameter.

I've already done a quick compare of possible choices I would consider

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 28.2"
Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 28.0"
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (W- or Y-Speed Rated) 28.0"

Michelin Primacy MXM4 28.1"

I think my choice is going to be the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. They are even lighter than the stock OEM 19" 245/45-19s coming in at 26lbs whereas the 245 GY and Michelins are 27lbs. Unfortunately, as is usual with everything else I usually pick, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's are also the most expensive out of the group, coming in at $292/tire. BUT I'm hoping they grip a lot better than the OEM GY's. (as I have a P85 the OEM GY's slip a lot under heavy accel).

Right now I'm leaning towards the grey wheels on my black P85. this might look good with the CF wrap that I plan on doing to the front side and rear lower components and it gives it a bit more of a 'stock' look (as opposed to black on black)

A few sneak pics owners have been waiting for...

TST-Wht-Grey.jpg

tst-black-19-tesla-3.jpg

Last edited:
GG, how do you think this color will go with Green? It looks very blue against the Grey. These are considerably lighter than the Gunmetal Rials...I am almost considering the Matte Black option, but I really prefer the shiny, reflective finish.

GG, how do you think this color will go with Green? It looks very blue against the Grey. These are considerably lighter than the Gunmetal Rials...I am almost considering the Matte Black option, but I really prefer the shiny, reflective finish.

They indeed appear to be lighter than I'd have preferred. The color of the Tesla 21" ones seem to be just right for our Greens. Jake, I'm waiting for you to be the guinea pig ;)

I think I have decided to go with the matte black wheels (instead of the greys). I think that will go nicely with my matte wrap (on green) and the matte black trim (instead of chrome).