Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 360 Yoke Replacement: review in ~2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The warranty issue would be a concern. Normally, in my experience, if one replaces a part of our car, only that part is taken out of warranty. I have an older Jeep GC. I bought it with a non-mileage limited warranty (not transferable and no longer offered). I added the "Old Man Emu" lift and suspension mod and was concerned as to how it might affect the warranty. I was told it would do so only for the replaced parts. And in fact, in the years since (I now have 170,000 miles on the Jeep and the warranty has saved my around $15,000!), it has not been an issue. Still, on a car as expensive as the Tesla S, I would not want to take any chances. I might be more comfortable getting a mod from Unplugged Performance given their relationship with Tesla (though I don't believe they offer a steering wheel currently).
Pointed well taken. If my car is under warranty, I normally would not mess around with the OEM parts other than some cosmetic changes. I just don't want to give the company, Tesla or others, excuses not to honor a warranty repair. In today's environment, any part and labor can hurt your wallet deeply.

Quick update - decided after careful consideration to return the 360 Yoke to the very helpful people at T Sportine. They have been increasing helpful and responsive and it is clearly a very high quality product. Unfortunately, for my use case, the loss of the top third of the main console view outweighed the improvement in steering mechanics. As I told them, if the come up with a future solution that does not block the top and is preferably more rounded, I’d be happy to try again.

Best to all and Happy 4th!

1660998003035.png

Has anyone bought one of these wheels form Unleashed? Would love feedback.

You hit on the reason why I didn't go Tsportline and chose the Hansshow instead. I wanted a predominantly round wheel. The Hansshow does a great job there. Feels a lot more natural to me. Still miss the stalks on my 3 but one of my biggest issues with my S has a solution.
How is the wheel size? Can you elaborate on the experience? Is it much better than the yoke fo you?

Downside is they don't offer a heated wheel option if you go with Secret EV. Keep that in mind if important to you.

Not really a downside for me since I’ve never use the heated function before lol. ( Socal) but the upside is enough for me to purchase the wheel without a doubt. I haven’t seen an aftermarket steering wheel company be such transparent about their manufacture process… I asked Hannshow while back about how they manufacturer their wheel and never got an answer. Makes me wonder why🤔

Reactions: Laddcruzer
Got the tracking number for the steering wheel from Secret-EV today.

They are arriving next Monday and can't wait to mount them on my S!

I think they are the only company doing the true round steering wheel (not welded core like any other company)
So on another thread about Yoke replacements I posted about the Unleashed wheel I purchased and as they didn't require sending in a core I inquired about the design of their wheel and they sent me a I guess CAD drawing and said it is a one piece no weld magnesium alloy. Hopefully the link below works, not sure how to properly link to another thread:

Honestly some of the wheels particularly from Unleashed, Exclusive and Secret EV look the same to me, I wonder if they are the same company with different DBA names or have the same supplier for the cores?

So on another thread about Yoke replacements I posted about the Unleashed wheel I purchased and as they didn't require sending in a core I inquired about the design of their wheel and they sent me a I guess CAD drawing and said it is a one piece no weld magnesium alloy. Hopefully the link below works, not sure how to properly link to another thread:

Honestly some of the wheels particularly from Unleashed, Exclusive and Secret EV look the same to me, I wonder if they are the same company with different DBA names or have the same supplier for the cores?

They look slightly different.

E2FB86B0-D726-4972-8816-45BA1A4F504B.jpeg

Curious to the size comparison and build of the Unleashed ones?

I think the size is similar since they have to build around the size of the touch sensitive panel.