TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor T Sportline Model S Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Tsportline, Mar 7, 2015.

?

How much ground clearance do you want?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2015.
  1. 5.1"

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 4.9"

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 4.7"

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Our springs are under development, and your opinion is very important to us. We want to know what sort of ground clearance the masses want.

photo.jpg

2. bxr140

bxr140 Member

I'd prefer as low or even a bit lower than air-low. It's all about how it actually looks as opposed to any number, but I'd guess my preference would end up somewhere in the 4.5 range. Photoshops might help here...

3. Niclas

Niclas Member

What was the ground clearance in low setting before firmware 5.8? I know it was lower than the current setting.

4. Peterr

Peterr New Member

Tsportline, when do you expect to ship this suspension and what will be the price? Thanks

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I think it was about .75" lower or about 4". Buy I stand to be corrected. When My lowering links are installed on Wednesday that will be my low setting.

6. rynfan

rynfan New Member

I'd agree with bxr140....at least or around air low setting

7. top agent

top agent Member

prefer lower than lowest setting on air suspension. Around 4.5"

8. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

The question over-simplifies other issues.
    -Tesla negative camber still blows out, to about (-2.5) degrees at the low setting.
    -I understand current T Sportline spring rates are higher than stock. Do we want higher than stock?
    -Tesla's ride heights are all over the place, including slopes. P85/P85D are close to Standard SAS front height, with S85 much higher.
    -P85D/P85 rear coil heights are closer to S85 rear coil heights, which (by my measure, w/digital level) are a full 3/4" higher than Standard SAS.

Point being, some may want to equalize the coil heights, dropping only the back of the "P" coil cars. Given what I think is an exaggerated need for SAS, to clear objects, I'd prefer 'Low' or 'Standard'. But I don't even run -2.5 degrees at the track ('Low'), and don't want to budget for straight line tire wear or other Model S owners who can't drive. To sell more springs, offering camber solutions might help T Sportline. As it stands, OPENEvse has stopped selling upper links and Tesla appears to have modified one end of this part, to accommodate a ball joint. With Tesla adopting and subsequently dropping the use of better camber adjustment bolts (I'm told "They still slip"), lowering the car still seems tire-pricey. Put another way, spring solutions don't "pay for themselves" like fixing camber can. And the camber fixes can apply to all Model S's.

9. legislator

legislator Member

This is for coil? Will it meet the German TÜV standard?