TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

T Sportline Pictures

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by nkohlimd, May 6, 2014.

1. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

You can order the grey caps from your Tesla service center. The part number is the one in the top row:

Tesla Part Numbers - Center Caps and Black TPMS.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

FWIW IMO i'd only get the center caps. if you dont plan on using your stock rims anymore, just transfer the TPMS. the transfer is usually included in the mount service at tire shops anyway. you also don't need the lug nut covers. the silver T in the middle matches the silver lug nuts and it actually looks really good. and you also dont need the lug nuts either. just use the existing ones. therefore, you only need to spend $64 for the caps. :)

3. ChriZ

ChriZ Member

Nice, thanks for the tips guys. Looking forward to getting the grey with the base white!

4. hennla

hennla Member

Does anybody have a grey tesla model s with black matt or grey TST sportline rims, and could you please post them in this thread?
    I have a grey model S and are contemplating to purchase either grey or matt black, but have yeat to see any pics.

5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Here are some pics of Grey TST against a grey Model S. The wheel paint color is a very close, if not exact, match to the original Dolphin Grey car color.

satyradu.jpg pasybasa.jpg

6. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

grey black tst.jpg

7. swegman

swegman Active Member

Aftermarket parking sensors?

8. yobigd20

yeah those are pretty ugly. could they make them stick out any more??

9. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

that big sensor is actually for blind spot
    detection.

10. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

#30 Newscutter, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Haven't mounted them on the car yet... or taken pictures outside... but here's what I have to offer:

IMG_4555.JPG

There is another user who posted about a month ago on a completely unrelated thread who mounted grey TSTs on his grey right after delivery... if you can find the thread there were good pics.
    EDIT: Found the other pictures in my "collection". I have no idea who the original poster was so these are uploaded again here without any claim on them by myself.

grey tst grey1.jpg

grey tst grey2.jpg

grey tst grey3.jpg

vWvau90.jpg

iXK23QX.jpg

11. Afdyce

Afdyce Member

Is anyone using a 255/45R19 tyre with their T Sportlines? If so, please could you:

> Post some pictures
    > Say if you have any rubbing
    > Air or coils?
    > Let me know what tyres you picked and how you like them.

Thanks for your help.
    Andrew

12. yobigd20

Me. Air suspension. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 255/45ZR19. Had a slight rub at full turn in reverse only. After 6k miles there's no more rubbing.

yzyju5ap.jpg

yrupejez.jpg

yvu6y3en.jpg

u7uderuv.jpg

Love the tires. these destroy Goodyears and the primacies in everything from grip to wet dry traction to feel , quiet, etc.

13. linkster

linkster Active Member

Thats what we call "self-clearancing" :tongue:

but seriously, your S looks GREAT!

14. yobigd20

thanks - that's the shine of multi-step paint correction using HD Polish and HD Adapt and then two coats of 22ple VX1 :) the wheels have 2 coats of 22ple VM1 topped with a coat of sonax polymer netshield.

15. Afdyce

Afdyce Member

Thanks so much yobigd20, they look great and you have helped me to decide that this is the way to go.
    The car looks great!

16. ION eDRV

ION eDRV Member

As a new member, this is my first comment on this site. Forgive me if this issue has been brought up, but as a real "turbine" pilot, I couldn't help but notice that the turbine wheels (21's or aftermarket) are not unidirectional. The right side they rotate as a "propellor" and on the left side (same wheel) they rotate like a desktop fan. I imagine the cooling effect on the brakes is negligible either way but it looks funky... From my point of view anyways. I ordered mine with the default 19's... Cheers to great car as I await my order...

17. ROCDOC

ROCDOC Member

Anyone using TST sportline turbine 19"s in metallic grey with a pearl white MS? I would ordinarily choose the silver option, but these will be for my winter tires and I expect them to be covered in dirt, salt, etc. a great deal, and they would probably look kind of grey already. I am also considering the Rial Luganos in gun metal for the same reason.

18. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Grey TST 19 on White Tesla | Tsportline

19. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Test fitting my Winter wheels from TSportline and making sure the TPMS work. There'll be a post/video coming soon.

Here they are on the "classic" grey and NOT in California sun! <Ha ha>

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5148.JPG

20. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Utterly sinister combination, it will be a long wait until Winter to see these beauties again!