Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TAAC and Brake Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who uses TAAC often can comment on if using TAAC increases the wear of brake pad vs non-TAAC? I recently activated the AP Trial Mode and noticed while on TAAC, it uses the brake often to slow down. Where as while manual driving, I would just let go of the peddle to use the regen features to slow down, resulting in minimal uses of brake.

Is that correct.

I see quite a bit of regen when I use TACC. Don't you see a green arc on the energy monitor when decelerating?

Even if TACC uses the brakes a little more than careful single-pedal driving, that might be a good thing. Apparently it's possible to damage the brake system by not exercising it enough.

From my experience, and I use it a decent amount, TACC uses brakes more often than I would, but it still uses regen a LOT. I wouldn't worry about it.

TACC doesn't anticipate well when traffic in front of you will stop suddenly. You can anticipate better because you see 2+ cars ahead of you

Also, it's TACC, not TAAC. Traffice Aware Cruise Control