Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC and Autopilot Unavailable...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a X 100D two weeks ago.

I have noticed the TACC and Autopilot were unavailable from the beginning of my drive on a couple
of occasions. Then mysteriously both become available; road conditions did not prevent them.

Anyone experience this and any ideas why?

Also I noticed the airflow from the heating system on the drivers side is minimal to the point that the
temperature at my feet is uncomfortable...is this an repair issue? hopefully not the norm.

Thanks for any replys in advance.

The high beams do dim; but the NAV system does get stuck as you say...not in a nav mode but just
when displaying your current position, it doesnt seem to keep/show your current position on the screen.

That's what mine was doing. Showing my home location (where I started the car initially) and not where I actually was at the moment.

I had made a thread about it. I basically fixed that by doing a UI reset, shutting the car off fully and do a full restart. Problem went away after. My first sign was auto high beam didn't work, then the AP wouldn't read lines, cruise control didn't work

I had made a thread about it. I basically fixed that by doing a UI reset, shutting the car off fully and do a full restart. Problem went away after. My first sign was auto high beam didn't work, then the AP wouldn't read lines, cruise control didn't work

Would you mind to post the steps to do this please? Still new to all this...Thanks.

I have a Model X 100D build 11/27/18. GPS frozen with delivery. Reset a few times but problems recurred. SC evaluation found the 2.5 DAS ECU as the problem. Brought car to SC for replacement but they had wrong part. Now TACC, autosteer, auto dimming high beams and rain sensing wipers dont work. SC says they are all linked and when the DAS ECU is replaced the other problems will be fixed. A little concerned but will see.

Would you mind to post the steps to do this please? Still new to all this...Thanks.

My MX did the same with the GPS location getting stuck at Home the day after delivery. I did the Center Screen reset, Hold down both scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel for like 10 sec, it will reboot the center screen. After that my GPS was working correctly since then.

As for autopilot, it only comes on after about 30 to 40 miles on delivery. I think it needs time to calibrate for the car or something. Since then it is working all the time.. except at some local streets.

I had issues here with the ap/cc suddenly being unavailable a few months ago, and resets didn't help. Just delivered the car to the SC last week, and turns out there was moisture below the frunk, and the entire wiring for the AP cameras had corroded to the point where they have to replace all of it. 2-3 weeks wait to get the parts from Freemont.