Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC/AP and reduced regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started a trip today on high level of charge so much reduced regen.

Very noticeable when manually driving the car, but when I went on AP, I got the impression that it was much more lethargic in its braking - based on sample set of 2 AP experiences. Couple of times I thought about braking to override the lethargic speed reduction - almost as if it was using only regen which was greatly reduced.

So how much is TACC/AP affected when regen is low?

Yesterday, I had set charge to 70% overnight. When I set off, I noticed an alert on the screen saying regen was limited. After about 15 mins of driving, I noticed it had disappeared.

Was this because I had a charging limit set and it wouldn't regen until I'd used up some battery? I thought regen would add to my charge if it was under 100% even if I had a charging limit set.

This was based on the car feeling a bit lethargic in its braking actions when on AP yesterday. Wondered if it not having access to regen due to its high state of charge was the cause or whether it was just out for a Sunday drive. ie its behaviour differs whether its using regen of brakes to slow down?

This was based on the car feeling a bit lethargic in its braking actions when on AP yesterday. Wondered if it not having access to regen due to its high state of charge was the cause or whether it was just out for a Sunday drive. ie its behaviour differs whether its using regen of brakes to slow down?

Well I doubt that the car would not compensate with use of the real brakes if regen was limited. Perhaps it was using the real brakes hence the difference in how it felt

Well I doubt that the car would not compensate with use of the real brakes if regen was limited. Perhaps it was using the real brakes hence the difference in how it felt

..or it was letting limited reg do it;s job and waiting on real brakes as backup if needed? Speculation. By the time I get anywhere from home (in the depths of rural) to where its safe to use TACC my car has heated it's battery so i have no way to appreciate,