Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC /AP neutered in Europe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reserved an MX and I am curious which of the more advanced FSD features are active in Europe, and in my case, Norway. Specifically: Summon, Recognizing speed limit signs as posted (Not from outdated map database), stop at STOP signs and traffic lights etc. Also, what happens and a unsigned 4- or 3-way intersection where in Europe the car coming from the right would have the right-of-way?

Just reserved an MX and I am curious which of the more advanced FSD features are active in Europe, and in my case, Norway. Specifically: Summon, Recognizing speed limit signs as posted (Not from outdated map database), stop at STOP signs and traffic lights etc. Also, what happens and a unsigned 4- or 3-way intersection where in Europe the car coming from the right would have the right-of-way?

Other than Summon, none of those features work here in .us either, as you described. Advanced Summon only works on private property (like parking lots) never on or close to public streets.

Th
Other than Summon, none of those features work here in .us either, as you described. Advanced Summon only works on private property (like parking lots) never on or close to public streets.

Thanks, good to know to keep expectations in check. So not even posted speed limits? That surely cannot be blamed on overeager euro regulators...

Sorry, a quick summon clarification please. Does it work In private parking when underground? So no or limited accuracy GPS...

I haven't tried it underground, but I would have to say no. It mainly uses the cameras and ultrasonics to move around, GPS is needed only to determine if you are within 200 feet of the vehicle. You should be able to use standard summon (straight reverse or forward from a parking spot) but unlikely any of the "come to me" features will work. Even outdoors, the feature is v e r y slow, and not particularly reliable. If the car senses something unusual (like a person walking) it will just stop in its tracks, and you have to walk out to the car anyway. Frankly, it is cool that it works at all, but is not reliable enough to be useful. I've used it perhaps 20 times, it was successful twice. It is reliable only in the sense that it seems never hit anything. More of a paranoid cat type of behavior ;)

I don't know if Advanced Summon is available in .NO or not, but even if not, you are not missing much.

Th

Thanks, good to know to keep expectations in check. So not even posted speed limits? That surely cannot be blamed on overeager euro regulators...

You asked about reading speed limit signs. Tesla does not do that any more. Five years ago they did with Mobileye, but decided map database was more reliable. I have to agree. Sometimes it would read a 35 mph as 85 mph. or slow down in a school zone, and never release the slowdown.