TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TACC/AP with regen set to Low?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by ratsbew, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Active Member

How does TACC or AP behave when regen is set to low (or limited by SOC or battery temp)? Does it use the friction brakes to control following distance? I assume that it must.

2. drawfour

drawfour Member

I would expect that it would turn regen on high while it is running to get the most possible regen. The setting for regen is basically a setting for what happens when you take your foot off the accelerator -- how much will it regen, thus slowing you down. So if you're not putting your foot on the accelerator because of TACC, and letting the car control it, I would assume it uses as much regen as it can whenever it needs to slow down...

• Like x 1
  3. fr100

fr100 Member

I usually have it set to low when driving myself. It seems to be able to regen more when AP is on.

4. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

TACC will max out the regen then apply brakes as necessary to maintain following distance. But going down a steep enough hill where there is no car ahead, it will let the speed creep up (this can happen even with the normal regen setting when the pack is cold and regen is being limited).