Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC automatic speed changing driving me crazy in DFW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar issue when traveling at a certain spot on the 5 fwy in N Los Angeles county. I drive this same route every day, and each time I pass the Calgrove north offramp on the 5 fwy in Valencia area, the TACC / AP2 goes from whatever speed I've set to 55 mph if I'm in the #3 or #4 lanes (the 2 closest lanes to the off ramp). Doesn't recover to it's original speed after I've passed the off-ramp, either. No issue if in the #1 or #2 lanes. Happens every time, no exceptions. I've never taken the Calgrove north offramp, so it must be a mapping issue....I just wish there was a specific way to notate it and send it off to a specific Tesla dept that deals with mapping issues (voice command "Bug Report" doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell, since there's no acknowledgement from the vehicle).

Maybe the moderators should start a thread dedicated to just listing specific problem areas folks have found with TACC / AP, and hope that someone from Tesla watches the forum....

@Mark_T
Not so much looking for a workaround anymore as I am just trying to understand what’s happening. All the new fast lane expressway have totally lost the Nav system from being up to date.
On another note I freaking hate these “pay to play” new expressways we have. Would cost me almost 9 bucks a day round trip to work if I need to use them.

It has been bad enough trying to navigate all the construction as a fully functioning human over the past couple of years and I'm not sure when it is going to stop long enough for the maps to catch up...

I more and more convinced that a good percentage of phantom breaking are due to inaccurate road mappings.
There is a short stretch of highway near my home where a long left turn has an exit in the middle of the turn (toward the external part of the turn, on the right side).
TAAC/AS on the left lane (i.e. far from the exit side) works perfectly; TAAC/AS on the right lane (close to the exit) always breaks. It really gives the impression that the navigation system is mistaken and considers a right lane travelling as an approaching to the exit ramp and wants to slow you down.