Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC - double tap = flashing orange steering wheel symbol?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time to try auto steer on dual carriageway and double tap brings up flashing orange steering wheel symbol and disengages cruise control. Car has over 700km on clock all on country roads apart from 100km drive home on freeway after picking up new, which I thought would have calibrated cameras.
Any ideas?

First time to try auto steer on dual carriageway and double tap brings up flashing orange steering wheel symbol and disengages cruise control. Car has over 700km on clock all on country roads apart from 100km drive home on freeway after picking up new, which I thought would have calibrated cameras.
Any ideas?
Do you have advanced autopilot or fsd? If ao are they enabled in settings?

It means autosteer (autopilot) is unavailable. I get it sometimes depending on when I try to engage AP. It won't engage in most curves and in some other places like intersections, etc. Also, the behavior of AP is highly dependent (now I think...wasn't so touchy before) on the road's mapping in the navigation database. I've run across times when the AP thinks I'm on a local road when in fact it's a divided road - that's a mapping error.

Do you have advanced autopilot or fsd? If ao are they enabled in settings?
Just standard autopilot. I have checked and under Autopilot menu, Autosteer (beta) was turned off. I am sure it was turned on a few weeks ago. Not sure if latest software update 2021.32.10 did something. Anyway, once our lockdown eases and we are permitted on a freeway I'll give it a go. Thanks for the prompt to check settings again.