TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

TACC failures back after latest 6.2 firmware update

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by robert774, Aug 25, 2015.

1. robert774

robert774 Member

Since the last firmware update a nasty bug has returned that I had a few months ago, but which had disappeared for some time with other updates. I am now on 2.5.36 of 6.2 I believe. Since this was applied, I have the TACC shutting down without warning about once a day during highway driving. I believe this is related to sensor sensitivity as programmed in the software. It seems to occur when a flash of sun hits the front of the car or when some other sudden change is perceived by the radar.Has anyone else with an autopilot car seen this problem more frequently since the recent firmware update? I filed a report in-car to Tesla as well, but in the past I have never heard back from Tesla on these reports.Thank you!

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I have never had TACC shut off while driving. I'd call Tesla.

3. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Robert - I drove mine for 350 miles after my .36 update - used TACC the entire way (except pulling into Supercharger) and had zero issues - I'd call a SC....

4. Tree95

Tree95 Member

mine has shut off several times driving in snow/slush when the front sensor has become blocked.

5. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I use it frequently and have never had it shut off.

6. robert774

robert774 Member

Thanks everyone. No snow or slush here these days ;-).

I will observe it some more and call the SC if it persists.