Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC HW1 Limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 S85 with auto pilot. In areas where speed limit drops, probably due to error ~50, TACC will reduce speed when set at 75 and the average speed of traffic is 75. Turn off TACC no reduction. Whats going on?

I'm not clear on what is happening. The "Turn off TACC no reduction" comment is throwing me. If TACC is off, then you are driving and controlling the speed.

I'm not aware of TACC (Traffic Aware Cruise Control) alone currently paying any attention to speed limits changing. So you say it resets when there is a dramatic change in speed limit? I guess I haven't seen or heard of that happening. You say it is an error, like misreading a sign or an error in the GPS database?

AutoPilot (TACC plus AutoSteer), on an undivided road, will not currently allow you to go more than your speed offset amount (up to 5 mph over the speed limit) and will reduce your speed setting to the speed limit plus your speed offset (up to +5). If you stay on AP, once the speed limit rises back up, the speed setting will rise back up, but not to above what you had set before.

Mine is still 90mph
The manual I have shows 90 MPH, and I believe that's the target for HW2 (I know this originally was a HW1 question!).

Warning: Traffic-Aware Cruise Control
cancels, or may not be available, in the
following situations:
• You press the brake pedal.
• Your driving speed drops below
5 mph (8 km/h) in situations when
Model X does not detect a vehicle
ahead within the specified distance.
• Your driving speed exceeds the
maximum cruising speed of 90 mph
(150 km/h).
• You shift Model X out of Drive.