Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the opportunity to take my Model 3 out for an extended drive yesterday, mostly interstate and multi-lane highway miles, for the first time in months and two different scenarios I'd like to understand if they are unique to my car and a service item, or if others are experiencing the same thing.

Scenario 1: When driving with TACC set to the speed limit on multiple occasions the TACC limit was set to a much lower number. In one instance I was driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway and the limit automatically switched from 60 mph to 25 mph and remained at 25 mph until I adjusted upward. I may have just crossed over a bridge with a road crossing underneath. This happened on a well-established highway which hasn't changed or been under construction for a number of years.

Scenario 2: I am traveling past an entrance or exit ramp and TACC limit changed from 70 mph to 45 mph and would sometimes automatically adjust back up to 70 mph, other times I had to adjust manually. Again, this happened in areas, not under construction or recently under construction. In these cases, it seemed like the car thought I was on the exit or entrance ramp.

I am now wondering if there is a problem with the GPS and if I should schedule a service appointment.

Thoughts?

GLM