Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC Resume function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

240vPlug

Feb 3, 2021
Maryland
Greetings all....I have a question about cruise control and being able to resume. There are many instances where it would be much easier during my driving to simply resume my previously set cruising speed vs trying to set it again manually. My research is telling me there is no way to resume...is this correct?

I typically drive the speed limit plus 9mph indicated. There are many instances where I disengage to deal with traffic situations and then I want to resume.

See Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual. Search for Traffic Aware Cruise Control".

You can choose whether Traffic-Aware Cruise Control engages at the currently detected speed limit or your current driving speed. Touch Controls > Autopilot > Set Speed and choose either Speed Limit or Current Speed. If you choose to engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control at the currently detected speed limit, you can specify an offset. Touch Set Speed Offset. You can choose a Fixed offset, in which the cruising speed adjusts by a specific number of mph (km/h) on all roads, or a Percentage offset, in which the cruising speed is adjusted as a percentage of the road's detected speed limit.

Tesla Model Y Owner's Manual

Reactions: Cyberspeed
It would be nice if someone in programing could figure out a way to get a Model S cruise control to resume the set speed limit after breaking. Why they don't offer it is just crazy. Even my BMW motorcycle has a resume feature to its cruise control.