Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC Stalk, strange behavior after update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice find.

Thanks. I just asked in that thread b/c at least in there, there was only one poster saying their car was like that. I would imagine we would hear it more often by now if that wasn't just a fluke. Now, it made sense, and (as usual) some people were upset about it, but I could see why Tesla were to do this if they decided to.

Ahh, I see. I forgot about the button because I *never* use it, especially since a software update turned the cruise indicator light off completely.

OK, so somebody fill me in. Why would you want to turn the system "off" with the button, when you can just disengage it instead?

Ahh, I see. I forgot about the button because I *never* use it, especially since a software update turned the cruise indicator light off completely.

OK, so somebody fill me in. Why would you want to turn the system "off" with the button, when you can just disengage it instead?

Accidentally pulling the stall doesn't activate TACC.

I'm also a little OCD, so I always turn it off.

My 70D has the button, but it defaults to on when I get in. When I press the button once, it goes off, then when I press it again it comes back on. It also shows the current following distance when it comes on each time, but it comes on nonetheless. The way you can tell on/off is by looking for the pointer at 0mph.