Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings. Hw2. 7.5.28. This is the FW version on car delivery 2 weeks ago.

Have been enjoying TACC. Freeways, and local roads. A couple days ago we got "Cruise not Avalable" when attempting to engage. And indeed, no greyed out speed setting visible. This seems a permanent state. No TACC for multiple trips now. Thoughts? Could dirt do this? It's fairly dirty. On other hand, last week while in a big downpour with lots of flying mist I got some message about radar not getting signal. It cleared up in minutes and all was well. I suppose that's different than dirt though.

Thanks. Will wash and report back later today.

Clean. Rebooted. Day and night attempts. Crude not available. Now I'm stumped.
I have the same issue. TACC worked for about two weeks on my 90D AP2 car, then failed with "Cruise not available". A zillion reboots later (like once or twice a day) same error. I called service and they said have to come in for service "to have cameras aligned". Hmmm. Ok. It worked fine thru 2 SW updates and died while driving, nothing changed, good weather, etc.

Unfortunately service is very backed up so I've been waiting for 10 days to get into my appointment which is Monday. So call service and get in the queue asap.

I had similar issue with hw1. Service hotline wasn't helpfull at all - they read a page from Tesla manual for me. I found here on this forum it could be a front camera. It was. Replaced. Everything is fine since then.

After original report to Tesla and setting up service for today I received 17.7.2. This update was several days ago. No change in behavior. No tacc. After 100 miles or so everything woke back up. Flawless since (as per hw2 current expectations anyway : ). Called service and they said yes new SW and a few miles can fix this. So we cancelled service visit and I'm good.