TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

TACC stopped working

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BeesKnees, Feb 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Greetings. Hw2. 7.5.28. This is the FW version on car delivery 2 weeks ago.

Have been enjoying TACC. Freeways, and local roads. A couple days ago we got "Cruise not Avalable" when attempting to engage. And indeed, no greyed out speed setting visible. This seems a permanent state. No TACC for multiple trips now. Thoughts? Could dirt do this? It's fairly dirty. On other hand, last week while in a big downpour with lots of flying mist I got some message about radar not getting signal. It cleared up in minutes and all was well. I suppose that's different than dirt though.

Thanks. Will wash and report back later today.

2. ev-now

ev-now Member

Dirt can certainly do this, as can bright sun with just the right small refraction from something on the screen around the camera ... Happens more than I'd like with CO snow grime ...

3. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Clean. Rebooted. Day and night attempts. Crude not available. Now I'm stumped.

4. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Cruise. Sheesh: )

5. alexdav

alexdav Member

Similar thing happened to me with HW1. Try turning off the car for 2-3 minutes from the power down option in the menu. Support said that it'll do a system check, which in my case brought it back.

6. Joe F

Joe F Member

You have no more use for crude anyhow. Hydrocarbons are for polluters.

• Funny x 1
  7. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

I have the same issue. TACC worked for about two weeks on my 90D AP2 car, then failed with "Cruise not available". A zillion reboots later (like once or twice a day) same error. I called service and they said have to come in for service "to have cameras aligned". Hmmm. Ok. It worked fine thru 2 SW updates and died while driving, nothing changed, good weather, etc.

Unfortunately service is very backed up so I've been waiting for 10 days to get into my appointment which is Monday. So call service and get in the queue asap.

8. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Yup. Car on/off/on, reboots, even swung a rubber chicken (I am a SW engineer). No dice. Service department is next step.

• Like x 1
  9. damucz

damucz Member

I had similar issue with hw1. Service hotline wasn't helpfull at all - they read a page from Tesla manual for me. I found here on this forum it could be a front camera. It was. Replaced. Everything is fine since then.

10. Matheus28

Matheus28 Member

I had the same problem. Radar was somehow miscalibrated, so I had to take it in for service. Not having TACC or any sort of cruise control for a week sucked.

• Like x 1
  11. Matheus28

Matheus28 Member

By the way, in my case the car could see the lanes (they'd appear in the IC) but it wouldn't show any cars.

12. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

Same actually. Supports camera being ok and radar borked. Will report back after service.

13. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Member

After original report to Tesla and setting up service for today I received 17.7.2. This update was several days ago. No change in behavior. No tacc. After 100 miles or so everything woke back up. Flawless since (as per hw2 current expectations anyway : ). Called service and they said yes new SW and a few miles can fix this. So we cancelled service visit and I'm good.