Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tactile locators for touchscreen functions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody tried putting tiny bumps on the back of the touchscreen to help locate common functions without looking? I've been thinking about putting a tiny stick-on bump at the temperature-adjust location, so that if I find the bump with my index finger, my thumb is in the right place to tap up or down.

Has anybody tried putting tiny bumps on the back of the touchscreen to help locate common functions without looking? I've been thinking about putting a tiny stick-on bump at the temperature-adjust location, so that if I find the bump with my index finger, my thumb is in the right place to tap up or down.

I think it's worth trying...I have thought of doing this at certain points on the bezel of the CID on my Model S. The bump would also you something to help brace your fingers/hand on...trying to operate a touchscreen at the end of your outstretched arm is a bit of a challenge.

Bruce.

The bump would also you something to help brace your fingers/hand on...trying to operate a touchscreen at the end of your outstretched arm is a bit of a challenge.

Exactly -- I got the idea from the fact that I already hook my fingers when touching the control just for stability.

(A "keyclick" would also be nice feedback, but I know neither of these is entirely consistent with the "what do you care when the car is driving for you" design philosophy.)