Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tail light remains dimly lit while off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed it this evening, and timed with the car cycling coolant all day while not charging (new behavior), that the driver side outer tail light is dimly lit. it is lit whether unlocked or locked. I had my wife check that I wasn't seeing things. Anyone have this happen to them? Root cause?

I just noticed it this evening, and timed with the car cycling coolant all day while not charging (new behavior), that the driver side outer tail light is dimly lit. it is lit whether unlocked or locked. I had my wife check that I wasn't seeing things. Anyone have this happen to them? Root cause?

I believe the LED taillights have a driver module located near the taillight assembly. I had a problem with one of mine making a squealing noise for a few seconds when first turning on. This has gone away with either the colder weather or a recent firmware update. You could also have a bad ground connection. Have Tesla check it out.