TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tail light remains dimly lit while off

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Rik, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Rik

Rik Member

I just noticed it this evening, and timed with the car cycling coolant all day while not charging (new behavior), that the driver side outer tail light is dimly lit. it is lit whether unlocked or locked. I had my wife check that I wasn't seeing things. Anyone have this happen to them? Root cause?

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Could it be the brake light? A stuck pedal, a weak spring or bad switch.

3. captain_zap

captain_zap Electron tamer

I believe the LED taillights have a driver module located near the taillight assembly. I had a problem with one of mine making a squealing noise for a few seconds when first turning on. This has gone away with either the colder weather or a recent firmware update. You could also have a bad ground connection. Have Tesla check it out.

4. Rik

Rik Member

It's going in to the local SC shortly. It's not a stuck pedal, so we'll see what they say.

5. captain_zap

captain_zap Electron tamer

Sorry, I didn't notice this was in the Roadster forum. My comment applies to the Model S. But they may be similar.

6. Rik

Rik Member

No worries! You may be on to something with a bad ground. I appreciate the input.