Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Tailgate water leak

Anyone having water leak into the interior of the your tailgate weather strip?
This was an issue for me all winter. Service didn’t find anything when they had it...

Then today, I finally saw what was happening. When I close the gate the water build up starts streaming out the rubber bumper next to the button (last picture) causing that weather strip to retain the water. Hopefully this will good enough intel for service to fix this next time.

D0074175-765D-4013-ADFF-F38CBC6EF275.jpeg
DD7EECCF-836C-48BF-AA48-8B752E05C22D.jpeg
31FE2A11-2AB8-41B7-A0E3-F3002FFC8988.jpeg

Reactions: Joints4Sale
I had this issue. They found a hole in the tailgate somewhere. Its Fixed now. I assume they patched it with some adhesive.

Water pooled in the exact same spot. They originally diagnosed it as a seal, but after replacement, the issue came back. I had to point this out to the advisor this since neither him or the tech cared to look.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC