TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Tailgating in the Tesla"

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Oct 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

No wonder he didn't make it on a single charge, he was driving a performance plus version.
    I wonder if they had to pry the steering wheel from his hands when he was done?

I find that "manually" adaptive cruise control (using the stalk) works fine for moderate volume
    but at a certain point it becomes useless.

No talk about how much storage space there was in the car for tables, chairs, tent, etc?
    Or did I skim over that part?

3. evme

evme Member

It is there:

"Once settled into our spot, the Model S’s rear hatch proved ideal for hosting a tailgate picnic. The storage area easily swallowed food and a folding table, while overnight luggage for five was wedged into the front trunk. The rear-facing jump seats obviated the need for extra chairs, but occupants felt somewhat excluded from the parking lot goings-on, given how deeply nestled the seats are."

4. Bitech

Bitech Member

Is it bad if whenever I see or hear the word tailgating I always think of the traffic/tail-bumping kind of tailgating?

5. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

It means you didn't attend enough (American) football games growing up...

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Right. I avoided them like the plague.

7. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

8. hileyms

hileyms Member

Is there any way that someone can post the video on YouTube as I cannot see it (I live in UK and this is done by BBC Worldwide and cannot be shown in UK).

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Tailgating is the traffic infraction, a Tail Gate Party is the sports parking lot activity.

10. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I took mine tailgating at a Brewers game towards the end of the season. We had a grill, cooler, and 7 people in the car.

Here's a pic

11. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

I took mine up to Milwaukee visit my cousin and go to a Cards/Brewers game, but unfortunately we had 4 adults and 3 children going to the game, and I don't have the child seats, so we had to take my cousin's minivan to the game.

Btw, nice Cardinal Red on your Tesla. :wink: