Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tailgating in the Tesla"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
BBC - Autos - The Tesla tailgate test

uda5ubu5.jpg

7yhy9a6u.jpg

No wonder he didn't make it on a single charge, he was driving a performance plus version.
I wonder if they had to pry the steering wheel from his hands when he was done?

I find that "manually" adaptive cruise control (using the stalk) works fine for moderate volume
but at a certain point it becomes useless.

No talk about how much storage space there was in the car for tables, chairs, tent, etc?
Or did I skim over that part?

No wonder he didn't make it on a single charge, he was driving a performance plus version.
I wonder if they had to pry the steering wheel from his hands when he was done?

I find that "manually" adaptive cruise control (using the stalk) works fine for moderate volume
but at a certain point it becomes useless.

No talk about how much storage space there was in the car for tables, chairs, tent, etc?
Or did I skim over that part?

It is there:

"Once settled into our spot, the Model S’s rear hatch proved ideal for hosting a tailgate picnic. The storage area easily swallowed food and a folding table, while overnight luggage for five was wedged into the front trunk. The rear-facing jump seats obviated the need for extra chairs, but occupants felt somewhat excluded from the parking lot goings-on, given how deeply nestled the seats are."

I took mine tailgating at a Brewers game towards the end of the season. We had a grill, cooler, and 7 people in the car.

I took mine up to Milwaukee visit my cousin and go to a Cards/Brewers game, but unfortunately we had 4 adults and 3 children going to the game, and I don't have the child seats, so we had to take my cousin's minivan to the game.

Btw, nice Cardinal Red on your Tesla. :wink: