Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taiwanese planning trip to LA, SF & Yosemite with Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in Taiwan about 6 months ago visiting my wife's family. We took a trip to Sun Moon Lake and stayed at
Sun Moon Lake Bamboo Rock Garden (日月潭竹石園生態渡假會館). They had some chargers there, which I added to PlugShare - just for fun. Hopefully, Tesla will use US spec chargers because I may send my Model S to my brother-in-law.

I haven
t driven the Model X up any steep mountains yet. We do have a house in the White Mountains in AZ, but Ive only driven the Model S there. I would think that due to the weight, the Model X will not do as well. For example, my Model S starts off with a rated range of 255 miles and arrives with 20-30 miles remaining. The trip is 202 actual miles with a net 4000+ft elevation gain - average speed is about 55mph. We have a regular 90D Model X and the 100% charge rated range is 263 miles.

The Tesla Navigation does take the elevation into account. You will notice in the Trips screen that the battery level graph will not be a linear line, but will vary with terrain. There will be places on the graph where the line goes back
up indicating your are going downhill and increasing your battery level.

haha for that I think Tesla would choose US spec for sure, looking forward to see ur Model S creeping in Taiwan !!

Ummm that make sense, hope everything works fine with mine :)

thanks for your helpful knowledge!

btw Let me know if you need any help importing and plating the Tesla in Taiwan ~
It's a tough job that took me 3 months to accomplish all stupid regulations, just so I can get the plate!