Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Take control immediately" (not using any Autopilot features)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I got back a txt message from Tesla that the car hardware looked fine. They stated if your eyes are not facing forward or you are wearing a hat the inside sensor can set this off. I have a 300 mile ride way out in the country this weekend so it was good to hear the car was safe.

Reactions: OxBrew
I just had to have my Mcu replaced due to autopilot and TACC failure. This was happening to me prior to the complete failure of autopilot. Mine would give that alert pulling out of a parking space or anywhere with lane markings/lines that were even slightly unconventional.

Not saying it’s definitely the same issue but that was how my AP issues started, which ultimately were only able to be resolved by replacing the car computer.

Reactions: Dewg
So I was driving and got a beep with a message "Take control immediately" with some small print below (too small to read quickly).

However, it popped up in rather odd circumstances:
  • Not using any driver assistance (Autopilot) features (traffic-aware cruise control or autosteer).
  • Hand firmly on the wheel, entering a curve.
  • Staying in the lane, not crossing the line at the edge of the roadway or making an unsignaled lane change.
  • Not following closely behind another vehicle.
  • No debris or obstacles in the road.
  • No activation of automatic emergency braking.
Software is 2022.16.3.

What would cause that message to pop up?

Also, the position of the message low on the screen with some small print that is unreadable quickly is bad UI for what seems to be an emergency message. Emergency messages should pop up in larger font near the top of the screen to be more visible while the driver is still looking at the road.
I've had this happen a few times also with AP off and nothing unusual going on, other than a curve in the road ahead, Im in my lane where Im supposed to be. I ignore it but it startles my passengers. No point to speculate on the bug,Tesla's job to fix it.