Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take delivery or cancel?

What should I do?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I’m probably overthinking this but I’m looking for some advice. I ordered a model Y about a month ago with a projected delivery time of Feb-May next year. This has since been updated to delivery on the 14/12 this year with a car build date of 15/9, so MY22.

My concern is that as soon as I take delivery my car will effectively be a year old as they are now pumping out MY23’s and it’s December.. and I’m worried about the effect on resale as I’ll be getting rid of it in 3 years (novated lease)

Am I over thinking it or should I cancel and reorder next year?

Thanks!

Tesla constantly does rolling changes so the hard year matters less. You could defer the delivery and wait for another one but there’s always going to be a new thing in a batch or 2
Yeah I actually really want USS.. which this car has. I’m not so worried about the actual upgrade more the resale value of the car.. but from what I’ve seen on Carsales, the resale usually depends on the pm’s with teslas rather than the year?

It's hard to tell the future with how crazy second-hand care sales have been recently. The most important this for an EV resale should be km on the battery. MY without USS aren't going to be worth more than MY with. If you can afford the car now, just get it.

Hi everyone!

I’m probably overthinking this but I’m looking for some advice. I ordered a model Y about a month ago with a projected delivery time of Feb-May next year. This has since been updated to delivery on the 14/12 this year with a car build date of 15/9, so MY22.

My concern is that as soon as I take delivery my car will effectively be a year old as they are now pumping out MY23’s and it’s December.. and I’m worried about the effect on resale as I’ll be getting rid of it in 3 years (novated lease)

Am I over thinking it or should I cancel and reorder next year?

Thanks!
Yes, you should wait if resale value is the only consideration.
In the future the resale value of a 2023 car will be higher than that of a 2022 car.

If you want resale, cancel it and order a Performance model. No one wants a slow base RWD model Y. 6.9s to 100km/h is pretty damn slow, even the taxi's in their ford falcons are quicker.
Although I agree its slow acceleration, I don’t agree that it has a negative market impact. There are plenty of people who have zero regard to acceleration, whilst others deliberately seek out low acceleration….such as daughters first car.

Reactions: BreatheSafe