Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take delivery or cancel?

What should I do?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want resale, cancel it and order a Performance model. No one wants a slow base RWD model Y. 6.9s to 100km/h is pretty damn slow, even the taxi's in their ford falcons are quicker.
The sales numbers suggest otherwise for the RWD model 3 and would probably be the same for the performance Y if it was available now.
If anything the depreciation on a performance model would be more hence worse resale.

There will always be something better in the end. There's a refresh of model 3 coming, which means a refresh of model y soon after.

Enjoy the car you can afford.. assume it will go to 50% after 3 yrs. Be happy if it's higher.. shrug your shoulders if it's lower.. it's a car after all..

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I thought the rumors of the model 3 refresh are to bring it in line with the model y giga castings. Model Y has all the latest everything (depending on the factory/market configuration) on the 3/Y platform.
There may be some minor tweaking under those covers but given they've asked the FCC for a confidentiality extension on a device they're releasing mid January - @greentheonly thinks it's HD radar, he's normally correct.
So close, I'd wait.

There may be some minor tweaking under those covers but given they've asked the FCC for a confidentiality extension on a device they're releasing mid January - @greentheonly thinks it's HD radar, he's normally correct.
So close, I'd wait.
Just read up on this, interesting… I wonder how long it would take to roll out? Seems like I’d have to delay my order until April or so at least

Just read up on this, interesting… I wonder how long it would take to roll out? Seems like I’d have to delay my order until April or so at least
And then in March another rumoured improvement will surface and you’ll delay til june. The reality is tesla are always changing the hardware. You will never have the latest and best for more than about 6 months.

Reactions: Lachlan Smith
And then in March another rumoured improvement will surface and you’ll delay til june. The reality is tesla are always changing the hardware. You will never have the latest and best for more than about 6 months.
Most prevalent unresolved issue on these pages - phantom braking.
Longest running saga on these pages - FSD.
I posted to pass on pertinent information - you?

There will always be something better in the end. There's a refresh of model 3 coming, which means a refresh of model y soon after.

Enjoy the car you can afford.. assume it will go to 50% after 3 yrs. Be happy if it's higher.. shrug your shoulders if it's lower.. it's a car after all..

It appears to main component is bringing the 3 up to gigacast construction. Who knows though, the update may bring such "wonderful" features such as a yoke and capacitive buttons to said yoke....

Reactions: Lachlan Smith
It's hard to tell the future with how crazy second-hand care sales have been recently. The most important this for an EV resale should be km on the battery. MY without USS aren't going to be worth more than MY with. If you can afford the car now, just get it.
Is there somewhere a reader can see an explanation of all of the slang/abbreviations used on these posts? Sometimes it feels like reading a foreign language.

Model Y RWD is the ideal daughter's first car :)

I predict, based on nothing more than hunch, that the combination of:
- Elon's political antics trashing the brand,
- increasing competition incoming from VW and others,
- crazy cost-cutting design decisions like omitting USS (3,Y) and no stalks and PRND on the screen (refresh S)

will put a lot of people off Tesla. Demand will go off the boil and there will be more inventory and secondhand cars around in a year or two. Bring on the arguments. We'll see what happens...