Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PlusMarsEV

My Other EV is On Mars
Dec 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Ordered MY in July, and finally got notice to take delivery *yay*...but am not ready. Am still working from home and have absolutely no idea when order to return to office will be given. Soonest is 1 month, but it could be 2, 3 months or more. Second, have a lot of paperwork and prep to get ready to take delivery and only have till the rest of this week as I was given a 3-day delivery window Sa-Mo (not even one week notice!).

I called SC and was told options are to take delivery or decline and wait to get matched possibly end of year or early next year. No flexibility. I can't even chose to take delivery at a service center, I was told I have to take delivery at home (LA, CA).

Should I get the Tesla now and have it sit in my garage for who knows how many months or try my luck and wait for another match.

First world problems, I was originally going to go back to the office in Sept. and ordered my vehicle thinking I could time it. Neither went back to the office or had the car on time lol.

Ordered MY in July, and finally got notice to take delivery *yay*...but am not ready. Am still working from home and have absolutely no idea when order to return to office will be given. Soonest is 1 month, but it could be 2, 3 months or more. Second, have a lot of paperwork and prep to get ready to take delivery and only have till the rest of this week as I was given a 3-day delivery window Sa-Mo (not even one week notice!).

I called SC and was told options are to take delivery or decline and wait to get matched possibly end of year or early next year. No flexibility. I can't even chose to take delivery at a service center, I was told I have to take delivery at home (LA, CA).

Should I get the Tesla now and have it sit in my garage for who knows how many months or try my luck and wait for another match.

First world problems, I was originally going to go back to the office in Sept. and ordered my vehicle thinking I could time it. Neither went back to the office or had the car on time lol.
Take it, or else you might get stuck in the wait until april/ may.

When I placed my order in June, I was hoping for sept/ october delivery. Ended up taking delivery on 9/3.

At the time of my order I was expecting to go back into the office around sept/ oct but it has since been pushed all the way to april/ may of 2022 on a hybrid basis. But having the MY and enjoying it has been priceless!

Reactions: PlusMarsEV
Take it, or else you might get stuck in the wait until april/ may.

When I placed my order in June, I was hoping for sept/ october delivery. Ended up taking delivery on 9/3.

At the time of my order I was expecting to go back into the office around sept/ oct but it has since been pushed all the way to april/ may of 2022 on a hybrid basis. But having the MY and enjoying it has been priceless!
I think so too. Glad you are enjoying your MY!

That hybrid model - cray!

Reactions: ajs847