Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take matched X vs wait? Advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered X100D early sept. Not supposed to arrive until late Nov.

SC just called and said that there is a matched build avail for delivery before End quarter, at a small amount $ off. It’s a late July18 build, otherwise identical. Evidently Tesla is trying to push last minute deliveries this qtr which I understand.

Any reason I should NOT go for this? From what I know hardware is identical right?

Thanks

I placed MX order on August 11th with Sep delivery time frame in NJ. My OA called me on Sep 6th saying there is a inventory car matching my specs + carbon fiber. I switched to inventory car. Though I don't think switching to inventory made a difference in delivery time frame. My delivery is scheduled for Sep 29th.

But in your case you may be looking at around 2 months of wait if you choose to wait...

I would absolutely go for this. When I ordered, they had a couple of configs ready to go but not the exact config I wanted. I'm taking delivery a week from today but I nearly compromised on my order just out of impatience. If they had had my config, I would have loved to be driving it for 2 months already!