Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take off rear wheel well liner?

Foremost

Sep 13, 2022
Norway
I was replacing old mud flaps with new ones (Rally Armor), and one of the plastic screws holding them was pretty stuck, forcing me to break it. I grabbed the front part with pliers, but the rear part fell back through the hole, into what I assume is the undercarriage:

tmy_liner.jpg

I'm now worried that it will rattle around while driving,wondering what's the best way to get it. Should I try to take the wheel well liner off, and if so - how? Or should I take off the plastic undercarriage?

Bp25

Dec 2, 2021
Texas
I was replacing old mud flaps with new ones (Rally Armor), and one of the plastic screws holding them was pretty stuck, forcing me to break it. I grabbed the front part with pliers, but the rear part fell back through the hole, into what I assume is the undercarriage:

View attachment 871697

I'm now worried that it will rattle around while driving,wondering what's the best way to get it. Should I try to take the wheel well liner off, and if so - how? Or should I take off the plastic undercarriage?
It’s such a tiny plastic piece, you will probably not hear anything. I had the same situation 6 months ago and that plastic piece is still there somewhere. I never noticed any rattle.

Foremost

Sep 13, 2022
Norway
Do they take the rear bottom plastic part off to install the trailer hitch? If so, then I guess it'll take care of itself :)

On the other hand, if they do need to take it off, then they'll also need to take off the mud flaps, which will ruin the mounting hardware :(

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC