Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Take over without being in autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had it before. Happens when I start drifting into another lane without signaling. Car probably thinks im asleep or dead.

In your case, you might have been drifting and therefore the warning is appropriate. In my 3 incidents, I was intentionally lane changing and did not have AP activated (but it was recently deactivated, likely moments before I manually changed lanes).

So AP should know the difference between intentional lane changing and carelessness that requires alert prompting.

In your case, you might have been drifting and therefore the warning is appropriate. In my 3 incidents, I was intentionally lane changing and did not have AP activated (but it was recently deactivated, likely moments before I manually changed lanes).

So AP should know the difference between intentional lane changing and carelessness that requires alert prompting.

were your blinkers on? the more I think about it when I purposely change lanes it also had that alert. Its no different than my old Lexus with lane departure warning. Anytime you cross that line the loud annoying beeping comes in.