TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Take that, Ford and Adidas...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by LBusDoor90, May 30, 2018.

1. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

85858A8B-8486-45FF-B665-D92A44415D33.jpeg It will always be the Model E to me.
    (For those wondering, the trunk lid edge applique is from RPM Tesla. The badge was, too, but it appears to be no longer available.)

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  2. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Perhaps Ford and Adidas got upset by it. :p

3. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

i was planning to get the Model 3/E emblem from RPM. Just emailed the owner to see why they dropped the item. Will report back if I hear.

• Like x 1
  4. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

It’s certainly possible but if specifically Ford actually pulled a cease and desist on a small accessory maker over three little bars on the back of what is ultimately very few cars, I would say they’re in full panic mode for being late to the EV game.

5. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

6. alseTrick

alseTrick Active Member

Exactly what i wanted to do. The TESLA (the rpm one specifically) and the MODEL "E" markings.

7. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

Ugh maybe it's just me but the applique just looks so cheap.

• Like x 1
  8. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

It’s you. Under the ceramic coating, it looks great. Only the RPM version was narrow enough to fit on the angled portion of the lid and not crowd the bottom of the logo.
    But then again, maybe it’s ME.

9. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Is the trunk edge applique not just chrome tape? Or do I have it wrong?

10. North75

North75 Member

I agree, but then again, I'm one of those guys that only likes options if they are original from the factory. I'm also super happy that Tesla didn't put any model designations on the back as I generally don't like the ones on the S or X.

11. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

It is just a decal made to look like the actual metal applique on the S and X. Works for me since putting actual thick metal on that thin angled portion of the lid wasn’t available or practical.

• Like x 2
  12. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Nothing from RPM about the E badge discontinuing? I’m very curious if there was outside pressure that led to it.

13. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

#13 novox77, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Mark the owner did get back to me. He didn't specify why it was taken off the website. He was willing to do a one-off transaction with me via paypal. not sure what his remaining inventory is. Does feel like he got pressure to remove it (NOTE: it's not just the E he removed. You can't get 'Model 3' from RPM anymore either).

I got the 'Model 3' emblem as well as 3 bars to make the "E." Unlike the OP I decided to install the E by itself. My bars were a bit too big to fit with the 'Model'.

[​IMG]

• Like x 2